_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
new to this site
grayghost666
entire network: 2,458 Posts
KitMaker Network: 163 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 03:48 PM UTC
cheers all,
new to the site,am on p.a. doing lots of models.just got back in to modeling after a long break.i have some pics on p.a. v-bench under bruce,hope you like them.everyone on p.a. have been very helpfull in my questions,and have read a lot of posts on armorama so it looks like the place togather info and knowledge for my builds.just so everyone knows i have a very wierd sense of humor,so if i get you angry let me know .hope to talk to you soon.
bruce
GeorgePapa
Visit this Community
Akhaia, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 71 Posts
KitMaker Network: 62 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 11:52 PM UTC
Hi Bruce,

welcome to the right place, where people are polite, friendly, helpful.
I also have a very peculiar sense of humour and sometimes become a nuisance though not by intention, i.e. had you declared being a girl, you would have 13 welcome answers by now and some 243 views.....

Welcome from Greece,

George
CReading
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,726 Posts
KitMaker Network: 558 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 03, 2007 - 01:15 AM UTC
Welcome to the site.
What part of Colorado ? (my favorite vacation state!)
Hope to see some of your work posted soon.
Cheers,
Charles
grayghost666
Posted: Friday, August 03, 2007 - 02:39 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Bruce,

welcome to the right place, where people are polite, friendly, helpful.
I also have a very peculiar sense of humour and sometimes become a nuisance though not by intention, i.e. had you declared being a girl, you would have 13 welcome answers by now and some 243 views.....

Welcome from Greece,

George
yo George,
i know what you mean,i saw the post my the girl in the intro and there are a lot of views and replys.so it looks like 2 of us against the world.are you the one from greece.if so,i visited greece about 30yrs ago.i loved it,but the fathers tried to hurt/kill me so i left.thx for your very wild reply.
cheers,
bruce

grayghost666
Posted: Friday, August 03, 2007 - 02:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Welcome to the site.
What part of Colorado ? (my favorite vacation state!)
Hope to see some of your work posted soon.
Cheers,
Charles

Charles,
i am in the coloardo springs,so come and visit and leave your money here.i have posted on planet armor in the v-bench area under bruce.if you look there let me know what you think.thx for the welcomemat you put out.
cheers,
bruce
GeorgePapa
Visit this Community
Akhaia, Greece / Ελλάδα
Posted: Sunday, August 05, 2007 - 02:27 AM UTC
Hi Bruce,

yes, I am from Greece and next time you show around I will buy you the best capuccino that money can buy this side of the Atlantic...
I suggest you mace some pics of your models available.

George
grayghost666
Posted: Monday, August 06, 2007 - 08:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Bruce,

yes, I am from Greece and next time you show around I will buy you the best capuccino that money can buy this side of the Atlantic...
I suggest you mace some pics of your models available.

George

George,
i did a lot of travel when i was young,but now days i stay close to my mountains.about the capuccino sorry but i only drank tea or single malt scotch,never could handle coffee,etc.about the pics i have some on a site called planet armor,but i will need help on how to post here on armorama.do you have any pics posted here?answeared my own question,thier in the galley.do your friends call you papageorge,the kids(anyone under 50 for me)call me the grumpy old man who lives on the hill.
got to run
Bruce
GeorgePapa
Visit this Community
Akhaia, Greece / Ελλάδα
Posted: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 11:07 AM UTC
Bruce,

to see pictures of some models and mygoodself, you just take your cursor on the label "Photos" in any of my notes to you and you will see,,,
My friends call me just George since they are all of similar age if not older (I'm 66 ). I never drink alcohol but malt - once a month maybe - and almost shot my wife when she added a cube of ice...
I love guns, cats and women (I used to love guns women and cats) I have a machine workshop in house and have done everything in modeling from making my own radio equipment to my first diesel engine plastic kits, flying models and enjoyed every second of it. I also collect old American pocket watches and had a large collection of cartridges but the police separated us...

Be happy on your mountain,

George
grayghost666
Posted: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 12:17 PM UTC
just George,
well i love guns(blackpowder)allergic to cats,i have 3 dogs and i am a confirmed bachlor.my first model was a balsa wood car.i have a large collection of lead toy soldiers mostly from the 1800's also some paper soldiers from the 1700.my wood shop has everything to work wood so i make windmilles and give them away.where are you in greece?ehen i was thier in 1965,so monks took me to the north where the battles were fought in 1947-48.he showed me where the godless communist were sealed in some caves.that monk was strange to me.i did see your pics and they look great to me.i mostly do 1/48 or1/35 as my one good eye is not that good.so you don't drank ulzo(misspelled?) the greek national dranksorry about the length today was a bad day
cheers
Bruce
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
entire network: 3,529 Posts
KitMaker Network: 422 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 05:38 AM UTC
Bruce,
Welcome aboard. Always good to get more and more folks to come on it.

grayghost666
Posted: Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 05:13 PM UTC
thx Jim,
armorama is a great place to learn about everything.
cheers
Bruce
GeorgePapa
Visit this Community
Akhaia, Greece / Ελλάδα
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2007 - 01:27 AM UTC
Hi Bruce,
regarding the scale, I am doing worse than you since I am drawing a 1/10 approx. FlaK 88 scratch built from metal.
I also was a bachelor untill around my 40's,,,
If you wish to load some pictures, you simply press your "photo" button and a new menu opens wich on the top right has a button labeled "upload". If you press it another menu opens with "browse" button and from this, you can go into the proper file in your computer and upload the relevant picture.

Been flattered by the just George,

George from Patras
grayghost666
Posted: Monday, August 13, 2007 - 12:51 PM UTC
just George from Patras,(joking)
you have more guts then me.1/10 in metal!!!wow,and i thought working with wood was tough.if i offending you about the '48-'49 remark i am truly sorry.i have a seizure disorder(got shoot in the head) so sometimes i think and talk(and type) without thinking.thxs for the info about posting pics.between me and my caregiver,we should get some up in the next few days.enjoy the warm med. sea
thxs again
mountain top Bruce
nomore just george.i signed up for the campain "under new managment"you might check it out.
GeorgePapa
Visit this Community
Akhaia, Greece / Ελλάδα
Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - 11:47 AM UTC
Hi Bruce, of course no offense whatever.
besides, we have both stated an extraordinary sense of humour haven;t we?

I just wait to see pictures of your work and hope you are comfortable on that side of the Atlantic.

Till then,

your 66 years old Greek pal,

George.

PS Pleas don't take too long with the pics since I am a heavy smoker...

G.
grayghost666
Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - 12:40 PM UTC
hello George,
"heavy smoker"ha!!!i had my first drank and smoke at age 30 seconds.i smoke 60-120 nonfilter aday.ofcourse i have slowed down since i retired.ihave always said nonsmokers seem to die a lot younger then us.on this side i am up 6300 ft and it has been hot,atleast 93 degrees.i am use to 80-82.on the 88mm flack are you using p.e.(photoetteched)or making it out of metal sheets.yes are humor is strange,hopefully we will pass it on to others.i am doing my bit to keep it going by having fun with the younger people.stay in the shade and keep the the metal shears sharp.
your american friend,
Bruce
p.s. so you have me by a 5yrs,old friend,
B.
GeorgePapa
Visit this Community
Akhaia, Greece / Ελλάδα
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 11:02 AM UTC
Hi Bruce,
glad to hear from you. My plans for the FlaK 88 are for complete scratch built model (yes, firing a 4mm scaled down subcaliber shell).
I am still on the drafting stage but almost there.
Though I intend to make a scaled down model, I will deviate from the original in some very obvious ways, one being the use of servo motors for both elevation and azimuth and the second the use of a laser pointer inside the sight since God Almighty did not oblige by making 1/10 live German soldiers to look through it...

George
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 760 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 11:14 AM UTC
Hi Bruce,

This is a great site so make the most of it. Good people here.
grayghost666
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 07:22 PM UTC
hey George,
you are a braver man then me.on fri.august 17 we are going to try to post pics,afther my doc appointment.talk to you latter.
Bruce
grayghost666
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 07:25 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Bruce,

This is a great site so make the most of it. Good people here.

yo Murdo,
you are right about the great people here.i plan to be a good member here.thx for the reply.see you in the site.
Bruce
GeorgePapa
Visit this Community
Akhaia, Greece / Ελλάδα
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2007 - 11:47 AM UTC
Hi Bruce,
have seen the pics and liked them a lot. It took me much longer to be there since am a computer illiterate///

Keep on,

George
grayghost666
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2007 - 06:57 PM UTC
hello George,
i saw your pics also.i am glad you put the coin next to them.now i know how much it takes to scratchbuild.i loved the detail of them.talk about compute illiterate,it only took about 2 wks to post my pics.have a goood sunday.
Bruce
grayghost666
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2007 - 06:21 PM UTC
hey George,
got your pm.i now know that pm's are for very important stuff.please excuse my mistake.as i saig i love your pics and work with metal.
thx again for the kind words,
Bruce
CaptainA
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 3,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 204 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2007 - 06:45 AM UTC
Welcome. You will find there are a lot of knowledgable, experienced modelerrs on this site that will be able to help you with just about any questions you may have.

Rule 1. Have fun.
Rule 2. Ask for help whenever you need it.
Rule 3. Don't be scared to take your modeling to the next level.

Check out the campaigns when you have a chance. They are a lot of fun when you find one you like.
 _GOTOTOP