_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: The Bush Telegraph
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Aussie Truck Modellers
rwaldram
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
entire network: 44 Posts
KitMaker Network: 16 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 03:05 PM UTC
Ok, lets here from all the non-military modellers out there. I know there are more than just me out there, what's going on, are you all in hibernation?

I've been to countless model expo's over the last two years and i've noticed that what's been commented on in the UK magazine Truck Model World is also happening over here, the trucks are vanishing from these shows.

I'm an ex Army truckie (aka - Truckwit) and i've always loved the heavy machinery wether it's trucks, construction equipment or more recently, mobile cranes. I'm currently in the process of scratchbuilding a 6axle 250 tonne (rated) mobile crane in 1:25 scale.

So now lets hear from you... whats your background, how'd you get into model trucks, whats you're current project and finally... Where the bloody hell are ya?
rwaldram
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
entire network: 44 Posts
KitMaker Network: 16 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 03:06 PM UTC
I forgot to mention, if you're looking for an aussie model truck website and also aftermarket parts, this guys importing KFS parts and doing them for pretty reasonable prices.

http://www.modeltrucks.com.au/
grimmo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 752 Posts
KitMaker Network: 94 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 06, 2007 - 08:43 PM UTC
there are some of us out there, i'm not sure many frequent this site. I do all sorts of kits, from military, to figures, to cars, aircraft, bikes and trucks. So far i have only done the Italieri Western Star aussie kit, but have the trumpeter American La-France firetruck waiting. i will be building it up as a QFRS truck in current use. I have to scratch build most of the back, and am still doing my research!
 _GOTOTOP