_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Need info about Modern US Uniforms
AndersHeintz
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 2,250 Posts
KitMaker Network: 266 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 - 01:16 PM UTC
Hola!

Im painting a CMK Modern US figure and have a few questions regarding their uniforms.

*The figures are wearing the chocolate chip pattern camo uniforms, I assume they are the same cut etc as the regular woodland camo clothing, Im painting the figure in woodland
camo, Is this correct?

*The kevlar vest they use, is it available today in the 3 tone DCU pattern?

*Are all belts, bags etc in a dark green color still or are they available in desert colors?

Does anybody know of a site with good pictures of soldiers from the current war in Iraq? I would love to have good reference pictures for this.

Thanks in advance
PZKFWIII
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 119 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 - 01:29 PM UTC
The collars on the New DCU (3 color) uniforms is much larger than on the BDU. I am not positive about the "chocolate chip" uniforms. I think the old DCUs had the "Elvis" Collars, but better check with someone who was in "back in the day". The old Flak Vests (with the shoulder pads) did not come in desert camo, although there was a snap on vest cover in "chocolate chip camo"...had those in Egypt. So a figure in 3 color DCU with the old vest and cover is possible. Quick note: the covers never fit right. The LBE (pistol belt and suspenders...etc.) Does come in Sand color....but Only issued to Spec Ops guys. Us regualr line doggies wore the OD stuff with Desert uniforms. If the vest on your figure is an Interceptor vest (with the Mag pouches mounted directly to the vest) then No, It does not come in 3 color. (or it might...but I have never seen it)

HTH
AndersHeintz
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 - 02:02 PM UTC
Hola!

Thanks for the info. Maybe I wasnt clear about the planned attack on the figure. Im painting him in WoodLand BDU's, 3 tone helmet cover, OD backpack and gear. I will paint the boots in Desert colors as most guys (all?) have these in the current conflict. The flak vest will be either woodland camo or preferably 3 tone desert camo, if its accurate that is. Here is a pic of the vest Im doing.

I do have another question about the chin strap on Normal infantry and Marine guys, is it the same as the airborne strap?

Here are the figures as they were painted on the box art

Let me know if there are any other changes I need to make to make them current.
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
entire network: 5,579 Posts
KitMaker Network: 538 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 - 06:50 PM UTC
This site has many pics of the current conflict... I'm sure you'll find it usefull: Military Photos

Mario M.
PZKFWIII
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 119 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 - 11:22 PM UTC
Ahh! I just read your review of that one.... Yeah that is the old style vest. That would have to go Woodland or Chocolate Chip to be accurate. I just noticed in the pic that That dood has Cucaracha Air Assault ropes hanging! (bootlaces) Excellent detail on him, and I am sure that the MFG wanted the most detail possible, but THAT GUY IS NOT TO AR 670-1 STANDARD!!! HAH! (Must tuck in bootlace ends)

Can't wait to see him done!
AndersHeintz
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 - 06:43 AM UTC
Hola!

Thanks for the info!

I painted the vest in plain OD as I seen a guy on TV had this.

As far as the link Mario, it didnt work, said I didnt have permisssion
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
entire network: 5,579 Posts
KitMaker Network: 538 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 - 07:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

As far as the link Mario, it didnt work, said I didnt have permisssion

When I posted it I had no problems accessing it; now I also don't have the permission.. I don't know what is the problem.

Mario M.
 _GOTOTOP