Italeri LVT tracks.
KEVINT
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 191 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 04:35 AM UTC
Can anyone help me out here please.
I have 3 of the old Nitto / Blue Tank LVT (A) 4 kits and I want to convert them to either LVT 4's or LVT 2's. But the tracks are ..... awful, that is the only word that springs to mind, and I want to replace them.
Can anyone help me out with any spare sets or suggest a source where I can get them?
I am in the UK.
Any help appreciated.

Cheers
Kevin
Mech
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 281 Posts
KitMaker Network: 63 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 10:59 AM UTC
Hi Kevin

Accurate Armor as track packs for the LVT's, check out their site.
http://www.accurate-armour.com/showaaproducts.cfm?category=12&subcategory=59

The other thing is that you check at your local hobby store and see if their supplier of the Italeri kits sells the tracks separately.

The Nitto kits are not that good. If you pay more for the tracks than to buy the Italeri LVT kits, go for the kits.

Regards,

Ralph
KEVINT
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 191 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 06:04 PM UTC
Thanks Ralph,

I have had the three Nitto / Blue Tank kits for, and I hate to say this bit, well over 30 years. They are made up of course and "look" dimensionally the same as the Italeri kits apart from the tracks. It would be a shame just to bin them if something can be done with a little TLC.
The AA track sets are more than the kits. In fact the three kits together probably cost less than a set of tracks. It looks like having to get an AA set to replace the Italeri and using them on the Nitto. A sort of hand-me-down in reverse. I guess!

Cheers
Kevin
Recon
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 1,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 648 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 - 12:09 PM UTC
Write a letter to whoever handles Italeri and see if you can buy some from them. It used to be Testors but I think it is MRC now.
Mike
 _GOTOTOP