_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
So, whats next?
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
entire network: 3,529 Posts
KitMaker Network: 422 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 02:43 AM UTC
I was wondering something the other day. How do you decide what you are going to work on next? I normally would take a look around and see either what kits I have in my stash or I would check different on-line stores for an interesting topic. I do prefer World War II Russian armor, but other topics catch my eye as well. I am now laying out my modeling by the campaigns I am currently signed up for. And then lucky for me two of the campaigns fall right into projects I was going to work on anyway, so doing those is a bonus. Then another kit just jumped out at me when i saw it on the Great Models website.

KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
entire network: 4,011 Posts
KitMaker Network: 879 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 12:51 PM UTC
I like to build models that my friends and family give me so they can see it.

sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 01:44 PM UTC
For Me a Humvee and the maybe the Sep if It is out and then the STZ T/34 from dragon and then maybe the M-60.

Wait that is a years worth
Gunfighter
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 743 Posts
KitMaker Network: 374 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 02:41 PM UTC
If I'm hooked on a subject, I roll with that until I'm bored with it. Other times, a build here will inspire me. Other times, depending on how challenging the last build might have been, I may choose something from the stash that's a quicker build.

It's for the last reason that I've found myself picking up more 1/48 and 1/72 armor kits, especially the 1/48.

- Frank
Fitz
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
entire network: 439 Posts
KitMaker Network: 109 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 03:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I was wondering something the other day. How do you decide what you are going to work on next? I normally would take a look around and see either what kits I have in my stash or I would check different on-line stores for an interesting topic. I do prefer World War II Russian armor, but other topics catch my eye as well. I am now laying out my modeling by the campaigns I am currently signed up for. And then lucky for me two of the campaigns fall right into projects I was going to work on anyway, so doing those is a bonus. Then another kit just jumped out at me when i saw it on the Great Models website.

I build models to fill in scene's in diorama's. I have a large cache of diorama plans in the can. When I accumulate the necessary kits to build one of them, that's the next build.

In theory.
jam2727
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 171 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 09:55 PM UTC
Ive got about 6 1/72 aircraft in my stash and 2 little 1/72 tanks, Tiger 1 and a nice little panzer III. after i have made all the models in my stash i have so far (I made a promise to mum to not buy any more models before i finsh all the models i got) I am really interested in the WWII german AFV'S and russian tanks scince the cold war.but i want to also make a really big 1/32 F-14
 _GOTOTOP