_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello from Rome!
james84
Visit this Community
Roma, Italy
entire network: 1,368 Posts
KitMaker Network: 36 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2007 - 03:38 AM UTC
Hello all!
I'm Giacomo, 23, from Rome, Italy.
I am a student of Economics and I will take my degree in October or November. Besides being a modeller, I love English music and speaking English in general (music helped me a lot in reaching a good level), and I'm fond of architecture, travelling and... flying!!!
My modelling career started when I was just six, after paying a visit to a family friend. After just two weeks from that day, I went to the Italian Air Force Museum and got my first ever kit, Italeri's Tornado IDS in 1:72!
My father built it, as well as many other kits... so I started modelling on my own after a bit of time!
I built lots of aircrafts, but none of them survived. I also made some cars and stopped in 1998. In 2005 I restarted after having looked at some magazines, so I bought a MiG-21 in Prague, but I've never finished it, so I passed to AFVs, which are very interesting.
Anyway, I've never given up with aircrafts, so I have on my shelf a Mustang and two airliners, a 737 and an A321. The Mustang is the first in my building list, and I hope I'll be able to do a good work and show you the result!
See you on the board!
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2007 - 04:09 AM UTC
Welcome aboard Giacomo,

Yours must be one of the latest 'introduction' posts to date. seeing as you have been here since January 2006 and after 700+ posts

Cheers
Henk
james84
Visit this Community
Roma, Italy
entire network: 1,368 Posts
KitMaker Network: 36 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2007 - 05:41 AM UTC
Hi Henk!
Actually, I'm already part of the KitMaker network as I also post on the Armorama forum since that date, it's the first time on Aeroscale!
CaptainA
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 3,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 204 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2007 - 06:35 AM UTC
Welcome. You will find there are a lot of knowledgable, experienced modelerrs on this site that will be able to help you with just about any questions you may have.

Rule 1. Have fun.
Rule 2. Ask for help whenever you need it.
Rule 3. Don't be scared to take your modeling to the next level.

Check out the campaigns when you have a chance. They are a lot of fun when you find one you like.
 _GOTOTOP