_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
GSM cover error?
sweaver
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
entire network: 759 Posts
KitMaker Network: 131 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2007 - 10:05 PM UTC
On the cover of Great Scale Modeling 2007 there is a picture of a Sherman Firefly. As far as I know, Sherman tracks had two rows of guide teeth, but this one has single theeth tracks stowed on the side that look like they could have come from a German StuG set. Is this a modeling error, or am I missing something?

Thanks.
Fitz
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
entire network: 439 Posts
KitMaker Network: 109 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2007 - 12:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

On the cover of Great Scale Modeling 2007 there is a picture of a Sherman Firefly. As far as I know, Sherman tracks had two rows of guide teeth, but this one has single theeth tracks stowed on the side that look like they could have come from a German StuG set. Is this a modeling error, or am I missing something?

Thanks.

In the immortal words of Monty Python, It's only a model...
Tigerbait
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 347 Posts
KitMaker Network: 17 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2007 - 12:38 AM UTC
The tracks were picked up to provide extra armor. It was common practice to use anything and everything you could for the extra armor, especially on shermans.
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
entire network: 3,529 Posts
KitMaker Network: 422 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2007 - 01:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Thanks.

In the immortal words of Monty Python, It's only a model...

LOL....I love that movie! That is too funny.

sweaver
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
entire network: 759 Posts
KitMaker Network: 131 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2007 - 10:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The tracks were picked up to provide extra armor. It was common practice to use anything and everything you could for the extra armor, especially on shermans.

Thanks Todd! I figured that they wouldn't put anything with that big a problem on the cover of their magazine.
 _GOTOTOP