_GOTOBOTTOM
Buy, Sell or Trade
This forum is for all selling and buying related topics.
LF/WTB 1/48 Scale AH-!W
white4doc
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 1,086 Posts
KitMaker Network: 67 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2007 - 10:45 AM UTC
I hope that someone has one of these babies that they are willing to sell me... I agreed to do one for our outgoing Air Officer who is a Cobra driver, however I have since discovered that it is OOP and haven't seen one on eBay...I thought about 1/35 scale, but as he is moving to California it would be easier to pack in 1/48, and would probably arrive in better condition for him. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2007 - 01:22 PM UTC
Sorry, I can't help with a 1/48 AH-1W. If you are not set on 1/48, Italeri has a 1/72 that is still available. The 1/35 one is really nice though. I recommend it. If you leave the rotor blades loose where they can be removed, it packs up pretty well and transports easily.

Good luck with it. Models are great farewell gifts. I have made quite a few for people as they have moved on.
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,836 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,121 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2007 - 01:30 PM UTC
Hey John,
I've been looking for one myself as well, but no luck. I can say that I've built many of the 1/35 Cobra's and the hold up well. What I've done was not to glue in the whole rotor section, when i need to dust I'll pull them out and brush down. The only thing to watch out for is if you build it with it's canopy doors open, then there is the chance to knock them off. But as for everything else it's built pretty sturdy.

Joe

PS, I just went through Ebay and found nothing in 1/48th. There was a ton in 1/72 and /35th. Have you checked some of the on-line shops...
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,836 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,121 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2007 - 01:34 PM UTC
Gino and I must have been typing this out at the same time Great minds.
white4doc
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 1,086 Posts
KitMaker Network: 67 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 08:50 AM UTC
Thanks, Joe and Gino for your replies. I think that I am going to have to rethink the scale, the 1/35rh Whiskey is pretty nice, I've built one myself and after having waded through 20+ pages of Google searches with no joy at the 1/48th scale level and the clock ticking toward my own retirement I need to get building. Thanks again.
 _GOTOTOP