_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Back into Model game after years,
windage
Visit this Community
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
entire network: 3 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2003 - 09:45 AM UTC
Hi all, I go by the Callsign "windage", the reason for the name is it has do with aspects of firing a round from a tank or sniper rifle, of which I have done both.
I live in Perth, Australia, and have had a long Military career, though I am now a Mediaclly Retired Vet, this was done to me when aged 37, I am now 44.
I have severd in the Australian Army Engineers, followed by service with the 1st Armoured Regt {we spell armour like this}, after that was selcected for the SAS Regt {SF} and finished my career in Commandos, in Melbourne . I have come back to warm Perth where I was in the SAS, and enjoy it here. I modelled probably 95% Aircraft, a lot of Fleet Air/Naval aviation, and some wierd prototypes and vacuform kits. That was some years ago. Now I wish to hit the Armour, and build the kits of APC's and MBT's I drove or crewed, like M-113 series {all mods}, Centurion tanks, the Leopard MBT , and have driven Sheridans, M-60's and Scimtar, Scorpions, and some others.
I hope this will take my mind off the injuries and other problems a Service life may leave you with, which I have no need to go into here. I will POST photos onto the Album, and go from there. I just need a shove, went to my old Model Club for the 1st time in over 2 years last week, so the blood is up,
Anyway Hi to ALL and happy modelling.
"windage".
boosahmer
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 651 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2003 - 10:28 AM UTC
Welcome, Mate!

Enjoy the site...everyone is here to help each other.
Even though I am on the other side of the big water, in the States, I thank you for your service.
2-2dragoon
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 608 Posts
KitMaker Network: 171 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2003 - 10:30 AM UTC
Hey, I will need help with Vietnam Centurions and 113's soon... so I will make sure I keep you in mind!!

By the way, who makes good Aussie Vietnam figures, or do I have to convert to get them? I know the troops wore basic OD uniforms, but they were not the same as US, at least the infantry. They also wore jungle hats and berets (armour did, didn't they?)

I read When the Scorpion Strikes and want to build a diorama... maybe a mortar track with a Centurion and an Aussie ACAV.

StukeSowle
Visit this Community
entire network: 599 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2003 - 10:36 AM UTC
Windage,

Welcome back to the game. Just remember, it's all in fun!
War_Machine
Visit this Community
entire network: 702 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2003 - 10:45 AM UTC
Hello and welcome! It's always great to meet someone who's been there and done that for their country and is now honoring us with their presence.
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2003 - 10:46 AM UTC
Ola Windage

Great to have you on board.. Another ex military man is always good to have around here and sharing of knowledge is the mainpoint here.
Same thing works also in the other direction. You have just hit a pool of 2000+ members that are willing to answer every question they can and will help you with all your problems.
This is the friendliest site on the internet and Armorama has great forums where always is place for every question that comes in mind. Armorama got great features and Articles here a enormous gallery database and of course a great owner who makes all this possible

I hope you have a great time here and I``m sure you have found a new addiction

Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2003 - 11:03 AM UTC
Welcome Windage, I'm sure you'll find this is a great group here.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2003 - 11:26 AM UTC
Hey windage! (That's soutern for G'day). Welcome to the club. I'm ex Armor (how we spellit) too. LOts of kits ou there of what you want to build. Might have a little trouble with a Sheridan (took me 3 months to track one of those down). Most of us do armor so any question o just about anything doing with it will be answered by multiple responses.
TOMCAT14
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
entire network: 312 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2003 - 05:53 PM UTC
Welcome on Armorama Windage , I hope You enjoy this atmosphere

Greetings from Poland
Absolute Tomcat , 299% Proof !!!
COMCARAIRWING
PIG#35
Selrach
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 466 Posts
KitMaker Network: 49 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2003 - 06:21 PM UTC
Howdy and welcome
MSGsummit
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 751 Posts
KitMaker Network: 175 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2003 - 07:41 PM UTC
Welcome to Armorama Windage. I really think you are gonna love this site!
vlady
Visit this Community
Bucuresti, Romania
entire network: 534 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2003 - 08:11 PM UTC
welcome to armorama.com, i'm, sure u'l become dependent of this great site. i never tried drogs or cigares and i never will but i'm sure this is much more better
 _GOTOTOP