_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
brand new 2
bep
Visit this Community
Limburg, Belgium
entire network: 566 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2003 - 09:01 AM UTC
Hello everyone,
Here I am again. Being new on the site, maybe this post doesn't belong here but looking at the photos on other forums I got a little scared to show them. Anyway, let me start with saying that I began modelling about a year ago. Since I quit smoking, I needed to do something with my hands. As my five year old son loves cars the choise was easy. Knowing nothing about modelling I used the following method : First I painted ALL the pieces on the sprockets. Then I just cut them off and glued them together. No sanding or whatever. I made a few cars and trucks and got bored with the scale 1/24. So I tried a few models in scale 1/35. This was it. I liked it. I built a few tanks and then I bought the Dragon Wagon from Tamiya. All of them were built on the same method. So no sanding, putty, washes etc.
When I was surfing I discovered the Armorama site and a whole new world opened for me. That's why the "Brand new"-title. So now I'm building a M577 from Tamiya. The M18 is from a very old Esci box and comes along with a 1 ton halftrack. The cans are old ones which had been painted on my old method. After reading about washes I tried something and got a bit carried away. But for a first effort I pretty glad with the result.
Anyway : I'm going to buy an airbrush and I would welcome some tips.
Another question : I can't figure out how you guys paint all the details like cables etc. Do you paint them seperate or already glued to the model.
Thanks for the comments and I hope I haven't bored you guys too much.
See ya,
Bep
Follow the link to go to my album : http://groups.msn.com/armorama/bepsbeginnerscorner.msnw
StukeSowle
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 599 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2003 - 10:40 AM UTC
Bep,

Welcome to the site. Anything you need to know about modeling can be answered here. I am with you, buddy, 1/35 scale armor is the way to go.

To answer your two questions, I use Iwata airbrushes. A little spendy, but well worth the price. They are the best thing that I have ever bought in my modeling career.

Two, I paint the details attatched for the most part. If you are afraid of mis-painting your tank when painting a tool, you can throw some paper between the tool and the tank. This works well for me.

Stuke
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2003 - 10:57 AM UTC
Ola BEp

That`s some really nice stuff you have there If you want to know something I can give you one advice.. Just ask it here on Armorama and I `m sure somebody will answer your question.

And about the scale.... 1:35 man you are gonna learn a lot of new things here (I did at least)

you quited smoking but are you ready for the new addiction :-) :-)

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2003 - 11:34 AM UTC
Welcome BEP! One thing you'll find is many differences in style and opinion. As to air brushes. I use an old Paasche H. It is simple to use, tough, and very easy to clean. There is a plentiful supply of replacement parts for it too. t is great for tank modeling too. Like most, I paint my small parts on the sprue...keeps them from getting lost. The big parts I assemble in subassemblies and paint as a group. The trick to any airbrush is that big investment of a compressor. Get one that fits your budget . Make a study before you buy anything though. Research is the key to successful modeling
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2003 - 11:56 AM UTC
Welcome welcome welcome and welcome.

This site is made up of people of all skills of all eras of all genres and NO attitude. We all help everyone we can. All you have to do is ask and some will jump with information.

I checked out your photos - nice. Definite skill - so come join the fun.
TempExp
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 148 Posts
KitMaker Network: 106 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2003 - 03:16 PM UTC
Bep,

The models look pretty good to me. Wish some of my were done as well. In fact, I wish I dared try figures. Just wait until someone gets you into heavy weathering and detailing an all that. Then you'll really have some projects on your hands.
TOMCAT14
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
entire network: 312 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2003 - 05:35 PM UTC

Hi Bep

Very nice and big collection of Your work - welcome in fantastic world of Armorama .

Best Regrads
Absolute Tomcat , 299% Proof !!!
COMCARAIRWING
PIG#35
vlady
Visit this Community
Bucuresti, Romania
entire network: 534 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2003 - 08:13 PM UTC
welcome to armortaam
DRAGONWAGON
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
entire network: 1,041 Posts
KitMaker Network: 298 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2003 - 09:48 PM UTC
Hiya Bep, Welcome to Armorama...From now on, no more unanswered questions!
Your work looks really good, especially my favorit the Dragon wagon. You build it very neatly and clean!
Keep up the good work, and hope to see more of your work in the near future.

John.
 _GOTOTOP