_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
hi all
rwaldram
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
entire network: 44 Posts
KitMaker Network: 16 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 20, 2007 - 09:28 PM UTC
Hi everyone, i just thought i'd quickly introduce myself. I'm Ryan and currently residing in Australia. I've been into plastic models for around 20 years now, i still remember my first kit, the original issue or Tamiya's 1:20 scale Tyrell Ford six wheeler (yes, i bought the re-issue a few years ago). I'm mainly into Trucks however over the last few years i've been slowly diverging from the kit's into kitbashing and now finally i've worked my way into Scratchbuilding.
I've had a go at a small project just to see how i'd go and after being relatively pleased with the result i thought i'd tackle the real project. I'm in the early stages of building a 1:25 scale Terex-Demag AC665, 6 axle 250-tonne(lift rating) mobile crane.
Despite only being in the early build stages , after a 12 month design & research phase i've already started thinking "whats next". Unfortunately, i came up with an answer to this question, following the 665 will be it's 'support vehicle', the Terex-Franna AT20, a lift and carry crane. this will then be followed by the big bugger in the Terex family. The 9 axle, 700 tonne rated Demag AC700, the worlds largest self contained mobile crane (*self contained meaning that it carries everything required except the counter weights)
Anyway, i'm definately going to be making regular appearences throughout the forum/s and i'll most certainly be posting progress pics once i get a bit further into this build.
sweaver
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
entire network: 759 Posts
KitMaker Network: 131 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 20, 2007 - 10:17 PM UTC
Welcome, Ryan. Enjoy the site, and feel free to ask questions.
CaptainA
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 3,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 204 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2007 - 06:30 AM UTC
Welcome. You will find there are a lot of knowledgable, experienced modelerrs on this site that will be able to help you with just about any questions you may have.

Rule 1. Have fun.
Rule 2. Ask for help whenever you need it.
Rule 3. Don't be scared to take your modeling to the next level.

Check out the campaigns when you have a chance. They are a lot of fun when you find one you like.
 _GOTOTOP