_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: KitMaker USA
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Dallas PLatoon July meeting
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 06:32 PM UTC
OK guys it looks like the rain has finally stopped and the heat is upon us. SOunds like a good day to spend in the A/C away from the sun and hot. Meeting is a little over a week from now. I've been trying to bring in some new blood and we'll see how well my invitations have worked. Be nice to see some more faces this upcoming. I'm working on the old Panda UH1D kit now, I'll bring it in for a look see. that and try to get ya'll to sign up for the Riverine Campaign (viet Nam) I'm planning to start my T-34/85 when I finish up this round of kits.
tabascojunki
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 110 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 - 02:17 PM UTC
I should be there. Not-as-complete-as-I'd-like-it-to-be Do335 in tow.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 10:19 AM UTC
My friend Kenny Loup (Gator) sent me some interesting glue to show to Keith / the store. It is a white acrylic type that is supossed t hold just about anything (kit wise) together when it dries. I'v tested it on plastic to plastic and it works well, then tried metal to metal(PE) and that was first rate. Plan to check the metal to plastic next and see how that comes out. It looks like a slightly cheaper, and easier to use alternative to super-glue, and you can wipe excess away with a damp brush. Cleaning the brush is the same as Elmers/ acrylic....just water.
JimF
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 717 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 27, 2007 - 04:57 AM UTC
The glue sounds interesting, Steve, look forward to seeing it in action. How quickly does it set/cure? Inquiring minds want to know
tabascojunki
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 110 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 28, 2007 - 05:20 AM UTC
I won't be making it out today. My wifey has other plans for me.

But at least with a month till the next one I should have something finished to show off.
 _GOTOTOP