TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Hogan's Heroes diorama idea
long_tom
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 2,362 Posts
KitMaker Network: 309 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2007 - 01:03 PM UTC
I've bought Azimut's figures of Colonel Klink and Sergeat Schulz, and they look good, but I'm not quite sure what to do with them. Originally I thought of having them greet a visiting general, but decided the idea too banal, as I wanted to do something the show's budget could never have allowed for.

I thought of them viewing some captured equipment, or some prototype (preferably somewhat silly-looking, Hogan's Heroes was a comedy show), that Hogan is charged to destroy before it can be used against the Allies. Does anyone have any ideas in regards to this? Thanks.
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 3,770 Posts
KitMaker Network: 747 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2007 - 03:31 PM UTC
Tom,

Do you have access to either an E-100 or MAUS? Or some other "Paper Panzer?" A vehicle like this could be placed inside the closed gates with Klink and Schultz "drooling" over it and some SS dudes around (keeping Schultz's slobber off the vehicle). Seems that the SS was always around at the "wrong" time for Hogan. Heheheh, Hogan could even be "peeking" around the corner of a building "eyeing" his next target.

Food for thought.

Mike
long_tom
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 02:47 AM UTC
Unfortunately the figures are standing at attention so the drooling is out.

Anyway, a big tank would not be on my agenda, because ironically enough the big tanks such as the Tiger are said to have been a disadvantage for the Wehrmacht because they consumed so many resources. I was thinking something more practical (and potentially dangerous.) Among my ideas:

A captured American DUKW prototype (perhaps somehow stolen from the USA) that the Wehrmacht would want to study and copy for themselves.

Some sort of radar or other electronic warfare vehicle.

An antiartillery weapon, perhaps even a rocket that Nazi Germany didn't have (their rockets were Nebelwerfers, V-1, and V-2.)
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
entire network: 3,529 Posts
KitMaker Network: 422 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 03:52 AM UTC
How about when the truck came into the camp and had the heavy water on it? Or maybe when they had the remote control tank?

There were so many different good episoes that you could do something from or like you said try a different one using something strange.

Maybe an early Panzer fitted like one of the D-Day shermans?

It will be interesting what you come up with.

Removed by original poster on 07/18/07 - 05:28:59 (GMT).
long_tom
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 10:30 AM UTC
My DUKW idea is out; the Italeri kit is the later type, which would be inappropriate for the scenario. There's still the rocket or missle idea though.
long_tom
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 02:49 AM UTC
I don't have an exact idea yet, but I did but a Tamiya Char tank for the scenario. The Wehrmacht had a number of captured French tanks that they could use for experiments, and I could imagine how LeBeau would have reacted to that idea.