_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Your most painful part loss?
madwolf
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 258 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2007 - 03:06 AM UTC
I am accustomed to losing PE or other small parts never to be found again under my desk, but I just upgraded to a new level the other day. I lost a decent size fret with clear parts, including the canopy of a 1/48 MiG-29 UB. It's at least a few inches by a couple of inches in size. Lost in the bermuda triangle of my house. No wife, no kids, no pets. Turned the house upside down - nowhere to be found. Had to order a new kit today.
So what did you lose that hurt the most?

PS. I'm ordering a wide chair mat today. Should help with the PE parts at least. Doh!
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2007 - 03:33 AM UTC
LOL.............. I'm still trying to figure out the best color to paint the floor (concrete) where i Build......................... No matter the color of the part I Drop..... it seems to disappear.............
Timd346
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 74 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2007 - 04:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

LOL.............. I'm still trying to figure out the best color to paint the floor (concrete) where i Build......................... No matter the color of the part I Drop..... it seems to disappear.............

i think u should paint it red just a suggestion

Any ways ive lost one of a wind sheild when i found it i had already made a really bad looking wind sheild out of thin bendable plastic.

TIm
airraid
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 277 Posts
KitMaker Network: 94 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 04:59 AM UTC
I bought the revell 1/32 scale Spitfire 22/24 last week can`t find the transparencies for love nor money.They were there when I bought it.Have to mould a new one I suppose.
Afroman
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
entire network: 152 Posts
KitMaker Network: 14 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 06:47 AM UTC
I lost the back filler cap off a pazer 1 from dragon had to put a helmet over it insted
yeah really buggin
ZippZiggy
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 79 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 05:22 AM UTC
I lost a length of track for a 1/48 M4 Sherman, turned my desk and work area upside down looking for it, ended up finding it months later in a small tin, seems somone put it there for "safe keeping".
Gunfighter
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 743 Posts
KitMaker Network: 374 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 12:32 AM UTC
They're all painful! But recently, I was messing around with the Tamiya M113A2 kit, just to get it out of the partially built pile and I lost on the the lift/tie-down brackets. Looks like some stowage is in order, but bugs me nonetheless.

- Frank
sweaver
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
entire network: 759 Posts
KitMaker Network: 131 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 12:57 AM UTC
While I was building Tamiya's M4 105mm kit, I was holding one of the simicircular grab handles in my tweezers. It had glue on it so I was holding it very tight (not smart); when it went flying across the room. I don't think I even looked for it.
Augie
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 711 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2007 - 01:49 PM UTC
Somehow I lost the canopy for Tamiya's 1:32 F-14. No matter how much I looked, there's no way I could find it.
allycat
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 942 Posts
KitMaker Network: 88 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2007 - 09:13 PM UTC
Hmm...I wonder if that bloke named Bobbit will post on this thread He knows all about lost parts
Years ago I lost the tracks from an Airfix tank. So long ago I can't remember which it was.
Tom
 _GOTOTOP