_GOTOBOTTOM
Tips & Tricks
Ask about and post about tips and tricks you use while modelling.
Some Building Advice Needed for Pier 51
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 14,499 Posts
KitMaker Network: 411 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 10:22 PM UTC
Hi guys,

Some of you may be aware that I'm building a rather large dio called pier 51. I need a bit of advice about the best materials to use for building windows.

As part of the project Glenn Subol offered to make a building for me and sent it over from the states with Paul Raines earlier this year. I've been working at getting it painted up and stocked with various items but as I have developed the project I've come to the conclusion that I need to alter or make new windows for the building. There are a number of reasons for this but I want to get some advice on how I might approach this, what makes good glass and how I might best cut it.

I need UK information lol, lol as many of the things I read about that people use make no sense to me.

The planned alterations are as follows: Replace the skylight windows to show one open.

Replace the 1st floor windows to show one or two windows open on each of the 3 sides.

On the harbout side open 2 small windows

On each of the other 2 sides open an alternative window

This may seem and probably is a relatively easy task but lacking any experience I wanted to get some tips and hints before I pick up the saw. I'd prefer to build a new set of windows completely, that way I will have the originals if things should go badly wrong

cheers

Al
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 14,499 Posts
KitMaker Network: 411 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 15, 2007 - 09:30 AM UTC
Hi Derek,

Thanks for that, your post just reminded me I have a whole pack of OHP film lol, lol. I'd forgottten all about that, at least I'll have plenty to practice on . Nice one.

Thanks for the tips.

Cheers

Al
 _GOTOTOP