_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Military Hobbies
Mojo
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,339 Posts
KitMaker Network: 624 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 23, 2003 - 06:20 AM UTC
Hello everyone,

I had the honour of visiting Military hobbies yesterday.. Bought a few diorama kits from VP.. The Normandy farm house ruins, plaster. And a resin dio base.. Both kits are extremly well detailed. Some minor damage on the plaster dio, but easy to repair. Got some free stuff as well.. Same deal as buying on line. A free set of sprue cutters and a new VP catalouge. Also picked up a few of thier life colour paints...A great store, the staff is extremly helpful and easy to talk with, and know thier products. I also had the privilage of meeting the owner Dave. Again, a very nice fella. I highly recommend to anyone to visit the store if you are ever in Markham. With any luck, I will be working on the ruins and with some help from the guys here, I will be able to do justice to the kits.. Be forwarned, The questions may come fast and furious... *L*

Dave
Jock
Visit this Community
Canada
entire network: 58 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 23, 2003 - 07:47 AM UTC
Yeah,Dave is great! Ask him where he got the coffee machine from.Some tall tale about a famous actor who liked his antique fridge that belonged to his Grandmother or something.There's never a dull moment.JOCK
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 23, 2003 - 09:11 AM UTC
That must have been a gas. I've got Squadron here. Once a year they open the doors. Just go through with a shopping cart. very helpful staff, not necessarily knowledgeable about building, but can find most anything they've got quickly. They usually bring in one of their book writers/artists who are experts and they put on a great snack feed!!!!!!!!!
 _GOTOTOP