_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Comment on survey
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 23, 2003 - 05:51 AM UTC
I'd like to comment on one of the surveys that were on here this morning. It was the one asking about how your spouse felt about your hobby. There needed to be some kind of , answers a and c, or all of the above. I'll bet my spouse is like a lot of yours. She generaly supports my hobby, gives me models for Christmas and birthdays, suggests items I can use in my hobby, etc.

On the other hand I also get plenty of head shaking, knowing looks, and other signs that deep down she really thinks I'm nothing more than a big kid.

Right now we are having a mini arguement over shelf space. She has her quilts and nick knacks on shelves all over the house. I get two tall bookcases, that are already overloaded with books, to display my completed models. I'm lobbying for more book cases, and she if willing to discuss it, but she wants to cover them with fabric to hide the contents! The real injustice to all this is that I made HER shelves for her.

HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 1,717 Posts
KitMaker Network: 590 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 23, 2003 - 08:01 AM UTC
But you must give her credit, she is just thinking about the fragile state models are in!! You don't want them anywhere the kids or dogs can accidently throw them across the room - she's actually doing you a favor...

Demonstrations are in fashion, should we set one up??

More Space, Less Junk....More Space, Less Junk....More Space, Less Junk! Give me an S...give me a P...give me an A...give me a C...give me an E...whats that spell SPACE...

I think YodaMan might interpret this space thing differently...
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 23, 2003 - 09:05 AM UTC
Me, I bought a three bedroom house. One room was MY ROOM. I put in wall to wall shelving on one side and promprly filled it up with models and books. Now I've got a odel on top of the computer and 4 additional bookases. With all these grat 350 scale warships coming out....well I'll find someplace...Probably start putting two ships per shelf. I was lucky, when I was married my wife built models with me.
BroAbrams
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,546 Posts
KitMaker Network: 494 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 23, 2003 - 11:19 AM UTC
We are currently buying a house an I will build the shelves and esks in our office/hobby room. If I want more shelves, I will have to build them. If she wants more shelves, I will have to build them. I think that is a fair tradeoff to get what I want out of it. Of course it helps if you know somehting about cabinetry and making good looking furniture. Try and make a glass front for it, maybe she will like that more, then make her a rack to display her quilts. I am sure all she really wants is to show off her stuff, too.

Rob
Rico
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 66 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 23, 2003 - 02:25 PM UTC
There should have been a choice in the poll that went something like "very supportive outwardly, but deep down inside she thinks you're a bit odd".

That's the one I would have chosen
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 23, 2003 - 02:42 PM UTC
Hunter Cottage

Quoted Text

she is just thinking about the fragile state models are in!! You don't want them anywhere the kids or dogs can accidently throw them across the room

See my post under Dioramas titled In Memoriam My LRDG

Oh well, she means well.
 _GOTOTOP