_GOTOBOTTOM
Scratchbuilders!
Built a model or part from your own materials lately?
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
The ultimate scratchbuilt of all time
ti
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
entire network: 2,264 Posts
KitMaker Network: 254 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 - 11:37 PM UTC
I had found this link last year and lost it. Now I have found it again. Check this documentary clip of an extrodinary engineer. You will not believe what you are about to witness of a Ferrari Model Car:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AQFRWgW9bk
Hot-wheels
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 164 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 - 08:35 AM UTC
Hi Charles

All I can say is AAAhhhh WOW!!!!!! and he wants to make another one ???????? I don't know the words That car is just way beyond cool .
Harry
ti
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
entire network: 2,264 Posts
KitMaker Network: 254 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 05:02 PM UTC
Yep!! Tottally agree.
fanai
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 2,654 Posts
KitMaker Network: 292 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 10:28 PM UTC
My mouth still has not closed I have meet the ultimate - yes your statement is true -15 years and what a sound 100cc flat 120 boxer engine and all
Ian
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 02:11 AM UTC
Hi Charles
I remember seeing that before aswell. "No finer toy" ... understatement of the millenium!!
Eventhough I have no personnal interest in model cars,I can do nothing but admire the work andcreativity here. Thanks for linking this up again.
Hope your well!
fantacmet
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 104 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 03, 2007 - 12:13 AM UTC
I've thought many times about doing this myself, and how cool it would be. However it's WAY beyond my abilities. Reminds me a bit of Corally. The guys who made the first running scale replica of a Ford Flathead V-* and then followed it up with a Smallblock Chevy and have since done other engines. Difference being mainly they have glowplugs instead of sparkplugs, and they run on Nitromethane instead of gasoline.. At least that is how it was done then. I am not sure about now. Going to take a bit of a pause here to check a couple of websites.

Well I can't remember whether it's Connelly, or Corally, and I can find no information online. Seems alot of people are doing it now though. Pretty amazing. The ultimate in scratchbuilding. Now imagine if someone did that to a tank, or an airplane, or a helo, or something else. That would still be amazing. All the technology is there. I think the helo would be the most difficult due to the replication of the links for everything and the hydraulics.

Michael
Augie
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 711 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 07:19 PM UTC
20,000 hours of work on it????? Holy cow pies!!!!!! That is one dedicated guy!
 _GOTOTOP