_GOTOBOTTOM
Scratchbuilders!: Armor/AFV
This is a group for armor scratchbuilding questions, topics and projects.
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
Armoured Carrier
LSniper
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 223 Posts
KitMaker Network: 45 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 02:09 AM UTC
What would be a good Armoured Carrier to Scratchbuild doesn't matter the time period
MEBM
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 1,055 Posts
KitMaker Network: 428 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 07:45 AM UTC
When you say "armored carrier", do you mean an armored personal carrier, or an armored ammunition carrier? If it's personal, you can't go wrong with an M113. It's nice and boxy, the interior isn't too hard, and there are plenty of pictures of them. Also, when you say "scratchbuild" do you mean with some styrene, reference pictures, and lots of hope? Or take a chassis and build up from there? I hope this helps!
LSniper
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 223 Posts
KitMaker Network: 45 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 08:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When you say "armored carrier", do you mean an armored personal carrier, or an armored ammunition carrier? If it's personal, you can't go wrong with an M113. It's nice and boxy, the interior isn't too hard, and there are plenty of pictures of them. Also, when you say "scratchbuild" do you mean with some styrene, reference pictures, and lots of hope? Or take a chassis and build up from there? I hope this helps!

Ya I mean Armoured Personal Carrier I forgot to put that and yes with some styrene
MEBM
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 1,055 Posts
KitMaker Network: 428 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 09:16 AM UTC
Well, you can't go wrong with an M113! It's nice and boxy, and I'm sure you can some of the details easily or from the spares box. I hope this helps!
tankone
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 26 Posts
KitMaker Network: 19 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2007 - 08:02 AM UTC
hello lsniper,
if you want to build an amoured personel carrier check out the one I have posted in the photos section of the amorama site, it was built from flat plastic sheet, a small drawing and a great many reference photos, it took me over a month to build but it turned out quite well I think.
if i still have the plans in my file I will post them on the site to you if you are still interested in building a carrier,

good luck with your project what ever it may be in the end,

regards Tankone
Mech
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 281 Posts
KitMaker Network: 63 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2007 - 09:49 AM UTC
Hi Barrie

I'm interested in the scale plans that you have and I had no luck searching for your scratch build. Can you post it.

Cheers

Ralph
tankone
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - 08:06 AM UTC
hello ralph,
if you check the armorama photos and type in bren gun carrier it should appear for you, I wil lok for the plnas at the weekend coming up and if I find the plans I will photo them and then try to post them to you, I am new to this internet game and I am still finding my way around, but I will give it a try failing that send me your surface mail address and I will send over a hard copy of the plans to you

regards Barrie tank one
tankone
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - 08:14 AM UTC
Hi Ralph ,
its me again, I have just spotted the upload phots line on the bottom of the message board so I am going to try and send you a couple of photos of the carrier

barrie
tankone
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, September 03, 2007 - 08:15 AM UTC
hi ralph its me once more, I could not find my drawings for the universal carrier but if you type in tank blueprints on a google search you should come across the web site which contains hundreds of tanks and other afvs .
Some plans are a little iffy, but there are some very good ones which you can save to your own pc and then print off and the photocopy to make them as big or as large to what ever scale you wish to build your model in.
Good luck with your search, hope to hear from you again,

regards Barrie ....Tankone
 _GOTOTOP