_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: KitMaker USA
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
NE Georgia!?!
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
entire network: 3,529 Posts
KitMaker Network: 422 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 - 06:08 AM UTC
Anybody from the north east part of Georgia? Its bad enough there aren't any good hobby shops up here.
Jon_Vancil
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 175 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 04, 2007 - 07:36 AM UTC
I live in the upstate of South Carolina. If you are looking for a good hobbyshop our way, check out the Great Escape on laurens road in greenville. The front part is a bike shop but go up the ramp to the back and they have a pretty good selection. Plus if you buy three you get the fourth free.
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
Posted: Friday, July 06, 2007 - 01:00 AM UTC
Great, I will keep that one in mind. I was over in Pickens wednesday, what a madhouse. Found some nice old Lindberg kits, a/c only no AFV.

woodstock74
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 1,189 Posts
KitMaker Network: 343 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 08, 2007 - 12:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Anybody from the north east part of Georgia? Its bad enough there aren't any good hobby shops up here.

I guess you're talking like true north east GA...I'm in Lawrenceville, just north of Atlanta.
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 09:00 AM UTC
I'm stuck way up here in the mountains near Clayton. There is nothing around, except Wal-Mart and well I am not going to slam thier rotten selection. The hobby shop in Gainsville is closed. SO I either have to do everything online or take an extended trip to Atlanta when i want to get anything.

generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 3,172 Posts
KitMaker Network: 612 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2007 - 11:23 AM UTC
The trucking company I work for has a terminal in Tunnel Hill I get to from time to time How close are you to Chattanooga? They may have some up there Several years ago i was able to get to a good one in that area It was west? of I75 in the southern part of the city I have long since forgotten its location and name

*edit*

Jim

I see you live closer to S.C. than Tn I have been to Great Escape hobbies Not a bad place
 _GOTOTOP