_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Glue accident
DRAGONWAGON
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
entire network: 1,041 Posts
KitMaker Network: 298 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2003 - 01:06 AM UTC
Hi, everybody. I just had a glue-accident on my M-8 Howitser carriage. It's on a flat surface, so I think there's some rescue-possibility.
Can any of you help me out on this one?

Thanx in advance, John.
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2003 - 01:12 AM UTC
easiest way is to find some stowage that would be approrate for it. Like a bunch of chains or some gear piled on the deck otherwise you might want to try and sand the area smooth and clean it up and hope for the best. :-)
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2003 - 01:16 AM UTC
Let it harden before you do anything. If you want to remove it sand it down gradually reducing the grit on the sandpaper.
If it created pits, I would fill them in with putty and then sand smooth (or to a similar texture as the rest of the deck.)
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2003 - 01:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi, everybody. I just had a glue-accident on my M-8 Howitser carriage. It's on a flat surface, so I think there's some rescue-possibility.
Can any of you help me out on this one?

Thanx in advance, John.

What kind of glue? If it's superglue, you may be able to pop the blob off after it cures by sliding a sharp #11 under the edge. Damage will be minimal.
Liquid? Leave it alone. Don't touch it and let it dry completely. Touch up with sandpaper in a couple days.
Tube or epoxy? Let it dry completely and sand it smooth in a couple days.
If the damage is severe, you may need to do surgery, or as Delbert suggested, cover it with stowage (as long as it's not in the way of a hatch or firing line.) If it's a flat verticle surface, such as the armored side of the carriage, you could drape a tarp or camo net over it.
Good luck.
DRAGONWAGON
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
entire network: 1,041 Posts
KitMaker Network: 298 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 05:39 AM UTC
Thank you, guys...Thanks to you I didn't have to throw my M8 away. After painting and weathering, it turned out just fine.
A piece of canvas (tissue), did the final job!!

Thanx again, John.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 07:40 AM UTC
that's the best way, cover it up with some super detail work or combat damage. That's what I did on one kit, chunked up the area to make my Jadgpanther to look like it had been hit by another tank,,,,came out well
 _GOTOTOP