TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Ghost movies and stories.....
Lucky13
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,707 Posts
KitMaker Network: 530 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2007 - 01:01 AM UTC
Which are your favorite ones?
Vic
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,697 Posts
KitMaker Network: 237 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2007 - 10:54 PM UTC

I like Sole Survivor. Made around 1970.
I've managed to get hold of a poor but watchable DVD of it.

The ruins of an American bomber were found in the Libyan desert...but the remains of the crew were never located. In Guerdon Trueblood's teleplay, the ghosts of a bomber crew hang around their derelict plane, awaiting the day that their bones will be recovered and given a decent burial. The sole survivor, navigator Russell Hamner (Richard Basehart), has in the intervening 25 years become a general. He joins an investigation team that has come across the wreckage, while the ghosts, headed by Major Devlin (Vince Edwards), plot to expose Hamner as a coward who deserted his post and left his crew mates to die.

All the best

Vic
jimlolok
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
entire network: 53 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2007 - 11:21 PM UTC
Oh yes..I remember that one..Plus the 'Twilight zone' episode with a similar scenario..
All based I believe on the famous crash of the Liberator,who's name escapes me..? lady? Found in the Libyan desert by a British BP oil company geologist team..
There was a 'History channel' programme about the crews attempt to walk out of the desert..An American recovery team managed to find most of the bodies after tracking how far they managed to walk before succumbing to thirst and hunger..The programme blamed the navigator for getting them lost after setting out for the Ploesti oil fields..
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2007 - 11:53 PM UTC
Jim, that Liberator was the Lady B Good.

Vic when I was a kid there was an air museum called Planes of Fame in Buena Park, a couple miles from Knot's Berry Farm. They had one large room set up with a B-25 mocked up to look like the plane from Sole Survivor. It was like a 1/1 diorama, and very effective. Wasn't William, Capt Kirk, Shatner also in this movie?

Twilight Zone had a number of episodes dealing with either ghosts, or people living out their past crimes in a type of Hell on earth. Two others I can recall are about a German U-Boat skipper who every night relives the sinking of a British freighter, but this time with him on the sunken ship, and one where a SS concentration camp officer revisits his camp and is tortured by the ghosts of the dead there.

When I was a kid the scarriest movie I can remember seeing what Vincent Price in House on Haunted Hill. It's pretty dated now, but a really good scare back then.
Vic
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,697 Posts
KitMaker Network: 237 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - 03:38 AM UTC
Ah, Lady B good, I'd forgotten the name, haven't watched the film in a while.
Yes Shatner was in it, he was the one who didn't want to upset the General.
I'd forgotten about the documentary about the real plane, I saw that some time back. I didn't realise the film was based on a true story until then

Vic

PS. Used to like all the Hammer films, Vincent Price, Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing etc.
thehannaman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 279 Posts
KitMaker Network: 65 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - 07:10 AM UTC
The most scared I ever was watching a movie was "the House of Wax" with Vincent Price. I was 8 when I saw it and didn't sleep for three days!
hellbent11
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 725 Posts
KitMaker Network: 320 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - 07:41 PM UTC
Was Steve McQueen in Sole Survivor or one of the ones similar to it? I seem to remember him in something like that. House on Haunted Hill with Vincent Price is probably one of the best scary ghost movies ever made! It has my vote.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 - 12:01 AM UTC
Hellbent you aren't thinking of The War Lover are you. That has McQueen as the pilot of a B-17, along with co-pilot Robert Wagner. It's the only film or TV show of his I can think of that has a WWII aircraft in it.
hellbent11
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 725 Posts
KitMaker Network: 320 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 07:41 PM UTC
Halfyank, You are correct! I do remember Robert Wagner now. It's been years upon years since I've seen either of the films. Thanks for the help!