TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
New? John Wayne DVD collection?
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 21, 2007 - 02:39 PM UTC
I just got back from Sam's Club and they had a boat load of pretty nice DVD collections. One caught my eye that I had never seen before. It was in a white box, and the DVD boxes were all white and very thin. I think they called it the John Wayne Century collection. The movies in the collection were, McClintock, Donavan's Reef, Hatari, The High and the Mighty, The Shootist, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, The Sons of Katie Elder, El Dorado, Big Jake, Hondo, True Grit, Rio Lobo, In Harms Way, and Islands in the sky. Price was about $20.

Now I'm not a HUGE John Wayne fan, like my Mum was, but I'd say this collection has just about every movie of his that I really like, without having a bunch of those I don't like. I also only have two of these already, so I would be worth it to me to get. I know there are some real Wayne fans out there, if you haven't seen this collection check it out.

HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
entire network: 3,098 Posts
KitMaker Network: 899 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 23, 2007 - 11:55 AM UTC
You gotta love John Wayne.

Does anyone remember the line from the comedy movie "1941"? The Japanese had captured Slim Pickens and wanted him to show them how to get to Hollywood. Slim asked them something along the lines of "why do you want to know how to get to Hollywood, you're probably going to blow up John Wayne's house"!

HARV
hellbent11
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 725 Posts
KitMaker Network: 320 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2007 - 07:31 PM UTC
I think I mite go look for that. Sounds like a pretty good selection and you're right Rodger, those are the best one's to get. For anyone who is a HUGE John Wayne fan, Winchester has John Wayne special edition commerative bullets! They are really slick looking and you should grab a box.