Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
New York Yankees VS Colorado Rockies
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
entire network: 3,098 Posts
KitMaker Network: 899 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 09:45 AM UTC
I just returned home from Denver this afternoon. My family and I went and watched the first game between the Yankees and the Rockies last night. It was our first time to go watch a professional baseball game in person. We really enjoyed it and had a good time. We were the first ones in line at Gate A and we were filmed by a camera man while we were talking to some of the Rockies staff about the game. I don't know if we made it on TV or not. It was a blast and I want to tell all of our Colorado members that we enjoyed our time in Denver yesterday. We can't wait to go and watch another game there some day.

HARV
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 12:18 PM UTC
You lucky dog. I had to "watch it" on the net, using the webcast, which is kind of like reading Playboy using Braille. All the talk on the local sports radio was how all the prices, for parking and such, were jacked up because the Yankees were in town.

I have two rules in rooting for a baseball game. I root for the home team, and whoever is playing the Yankees. Last night was a GREAT night! Hoping for two more.

Glad you liked it in Denver. I think Coors Field is one of the best ball parks I've ever gone to.

mark197205
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,593 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 22, 2007 - 08:29 AM UTC
And what was the result, did the Yankees kick butt?

Go Yankees!

ps, I only support the Yankees because I happen to know a very attractive NY lawyer who is mighty fine....
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 22, 2007 - 01:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

You might try to call your fine friend, she may be needing some consolation right now. I don't suppose the phrase "clean sweep" means anything on the other side of the pond? The Yanks got beat all three games. Yeah Baby!

HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
entire network: 3,098 Posts
KitMaker Network: 899 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 23, 2007 - 11:07 AM UTC
We went to the first game and watched the Yankees lose. We watched the second game on television and watched the Yankees lose. The next day I was told that the Yankees lost the third game.

Since the Rockies are the closest thing to a home team for us here in Wyoming we support them, but I have to admit we were cheering for the Yankees as well (sorry Rodger).

I would have liked to have seen the Yankees win at least one of the three games. Oh well, it was still a good time and we really enjoyed ourselves.

HARV
mark197205
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,593 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 23, 2007 - 02:25 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

You might try to call your fine friend, she may be needing some consolation right now. I don't suppose the phrase "clean sweep" means anything on the other side of the pond? The Yanks got beat all three games. Yeah Baby!

Ooops, she is gonna be peeved to say the least, and yes, I would quite happily console her as much as I could if ya know what I mean...