_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Need a new compressor bad! US crew, help!
madwolf
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 258 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 18, 2007 - 05:51 AM UTC
I currently have a Testor AC700 compressor that is supposed to be an all in one deal. I don't know whether it's my airbrush or the compressor, but for some time now, the spraying has been very erratic with the occasional shot of water. I am tired of this compressor and I would like to get a QUALITY compressor that will last me for a while and will not give me headaches.

I have a Tamiya HG Superfine airbrush and the Testors Aztek 4709? airbrush. Any help and possible part numbers (also for other parts that I would need such a moisture trap if it doesn't come with one) and place to buy from would be GREATLY appreciated. I have halted the hobby for several months due to being majorly disappointment in how it sprays (and ruining a paint job) and I would like to get back into it again. Thanks!
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 18, 2007 - 06:49 AM UTC
http://modelgeek.kitmaker.net//features/1413

Use that along with online reviews for choosing one. Any Questions feel free to PM me or ask them here.
madwolf
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 258 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 06:43 AM UTC
Thanks! I ended up drilling a hole through my card and getting the Iwata Power Jet compressor. Hopefully I will not have another compressor problem anytime soon!
 _GOTOTOP