_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Request: Anyone willing to do an interview?
TempExp
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 148 Posts
KitMaker Network: 106 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 - 07:03 AM UTC
Hi all,

This may be a little bit unusual of a request, but I was wondering if it was possible for one of the “experts” (everyone) here to help me out.

I’m just finishing my schooling in journalism and as an assignment for one of my classes (and most likely for publication), I have a story assignment to do a feature story on something relating to arts and crafts. Naturally, my first thought was to do a story on modeling, since I’ve always wanted to and never had the opportunity.

I’m really not sure what the story focus or angle is going to be yet, but I don’t know too many modelers around here and am looking for a source or two in addition to the local ones I’ll have.

This is a general idea of what I’m looking for: Someone willing to be interviewed, knowing the information and quotes will be put in print. Besides that, I’m kind of looking for someone that’s really into modeling (once again, basically everyone here). I’d kind of like to talk to one of the building veterans here who has a stack of kits, details, goes for accuracy, etc. and basically has been modeling for a while. Although, I’m thinking it could be beneficial to have someone relatively new to get his perspective.

If anyone is interested, drop me a message or just post here and I’ll message you my email address to work something out and figure out an interview (either email, instant messenger, phone, etc.). Any further questions, comments or criticism, let me know.

Thanks for any help.

Sincerely,
Tin_Can
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 1,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 344 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 - 07:06 AM UTC
I have an idea of someone but won't speak for him w/o dropping him a line first. I'll send him a email and see what he says.
JimF
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 717 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2003 - 06:36 AM UTC
I'll be happy to help out if needed... as a j-school grad, I had to do the same sort of thing a long time ago (before the internet, before personal computers, before instant messaging. I had to actually talk to my subject, and then type it up on a manual typewriter)
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2003 - 06:45 AM UTC
If you need a subject, I'm open. I've been at this as an adult since the mid-70's, have been head judge at local and regional events, and am the President for Life, so they insist, of my local IPMS chapter.
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 3,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 678 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2003 - 10:47 AM UTC
I'm game.Especially if it can be done via e mail.I am ex armor from the cold war,and build armor now...
 _GOTOTOP