TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
spranos???
Hoovie
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 505 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2007 - 03:13 PM UTC
nobody watchs that here???
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2007 - 10:37 PM UTC
Oh yeah. I watched. Thought the final episode was pretty lame. They are probably leaving everyone hanging for the movie.

Shaun
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2007 - 11:35 PM UTC
All I can say is:
The gas station scene was filmed down the road from me.
Emeritus
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
entire network: 2,845 Posts
KitMaker Network: 424 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 09:56 PM UTC
Good, you didn't give out any spoilers!
Those final episodes will be shown on channel four in Finland in the fall. Waiting for the last bits on a series like this isn't cool.
Well, at least they're showing a complete rerun of OZ so it isn't so bad to wait.

Just recently I read a thingie were "the man" behind the series (don't remember who) was asked if they're planning to make a Sopranos movie. The answer was along the lines of, "most likely not, but not completely out the question".
I think it would be better not to make movie out of it. It would either seriously restrict the whole film, having to tell a whole story in 2-3 hours and to practically re-introduce every character to the viewer in order to make it more accessible to people not familiar with the series. Or if they got to make a movie that goes off directly from the series, that wouldn't probably attract very large audiences because you had to know the series beforehand to be able to understand what's going on.
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 03:05 AM UTC
Spoiler alert don't read any further if you haven't seenthe end and plan to.

Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos Sopranos

That should hide this from plain view.
I liked the end. I watched the whole thing a second time last night. The tensionof the final seen was certainly not there, knowing what would happen, or rather not. My take was that nothing happened at Holsten's.
Here's why: This was not a ususal place for the family, like the Vesuvio, so Tony would have had to have been followed. Makes little sense to let him sit waiting for others, who could be people who could support him. The suspicious characters all wait around too long, becoming more easily identified later. The Member's Only jacket guy goes to the bathroom, reminiscent of Michael Corleone in the Godfather. Michael had to do this to retrieve the gun. There's no need for this guy to retrieve a gun.
Phil Leotardo's second in command has said his crew would back down and the hit on Phil was agreed to by New York and not done by Tony's guys.
My feeling was that this was filmed this way to show that Tony must always,. as with any mobster, live with one eye checking his six.
An, yes, there's always the possibility of a movie.
Now, that could continue to follow Tony or, if the cut to black was his demise as some speculate, the next generation Sopranos could be the focus, without Tony. AJ continues to mature and has become more involved in the shady movie deal he was set up with and may even take over Tony role as capo. Meadow becomes his consigliare while Carmela oversees the operation.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 05:54 AM UTC
I love this show. I'm watching it on A&E . Don't know how long it was on but they said that they are now doing year 5.
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 12:14 PM UTC
There were 6 seasons. It first aired in January 1999 and the last episode was this May or June. The official HBO website
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 20, 2007 - 06:59 AM UTC
That's great. I was afraid that this was the last year, so I'll get to enjoy this for a while as they have only shown 3 year 5 episodes so far. Wednesday is abysmal TV night for me Tuesday is my rough night as I like several broadcast and cable shows. Luckily Nip /Tuck starts in October and is shown twice in a row.