_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
New . . . again?
TwistedFate
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 805 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 - 09:19 PM UTC
Hi guys. I'm returning to the hobby after a couple of years hiatus to deal with some 1:1 life issues. I mostly build cars, so I'll pretty much be on the Model Geek side of things. I do build military jets from time to time, but pretty much it's just cars now.

I used to be on Armorama several years ago driving the rivet counters nuts. If you were around then, you may remember my pink tank with chrome rims and fuzzy dice or the tank I mounted on a monster truck chassis.

I decided to return here because I didn't really like the attitude of some model car exclusive sites. The guys at Armorama, however, always made me feel welcome back then, even though I didn't exactly fit the mold of the typical user. So I came back since there is a place for me now.

And for those armour guys thinking I've moved on and left my silliness behind, I still have a German halftrack in my collection I plan on making into a dragster someday.

matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 - 09:28 PM UTC
Welcome Back!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've too noticed that some of the "car guys" take things Seriously... (too much so for my taste) But Silliness is needed!!!!
TwistedFate
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 06:13 AM UTC
I don't want to give the impression that I'm anti-rivet counter. I'm not. If that's their thing, than more power to them. I respect the time and dedication they put into their builds, and love to see a fully detailed model brought to life. I start having problems when people start rivet counting my builds. I would never call a Beetle painted Rosso Corsa a Ferrari, but I couldn't care less if the prototype had 16 bolts and the model only molds 14. If you can easily tell what it is supposed to be, than that is a successful (and fun) build for me.

I will indulge in PE and detail kits from time to time, but usually only for competition or client builds.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 07:05 AM UTC
Hey Tim,
Welcome back! Your absence was duly noted.

I hope to see your work featured on ModelGeek in the future. We can definitely benefit from more car modelers.

Cheers,
Jim
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 2,085 Posts
KitMaker Network: 559 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 07:18 AM UTC
Wow! Welcome back!

Been a long time indeed. What have you built in this time?
TwistedFate
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 08:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Wow! Welcome back!

Been a long time indeed. What have you built in this time?

I don't actually have anything finished yet. I do have a Ferrari F40 and a Ferrari F189 on the workbench, though.
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 3,172 Posts
KitMaker Network: 612 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 03, 2007 - 02:22 PM UTC
Welcome back Tim We have missed you
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 05, 2007 - 10:40 AM UTC
I remember that Pink tank quite well. Glad to see you back. You are definitely gonna ruffle a few feathers around here. Too many don't see just making models just for the pure joy without having 100 reference photos and every thing in its place correctly. I for one would love to see a half track with a supercharger poking out of the hood, side-pipes, and a splashy sponsor encrusted paint job
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 2,085 Posts
KitMaker Network: 559 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 05, 2007 - 02:41 PM UTC
Aye, with NOS tanks in the rear. Seeing as it's fairly big, I bet you could fit alot of NOS in there.
TwistedFate
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 02:31 PM UTC
Still looking for the perfect donor kits for that project. The scale difference is a bit tough to overcome with stock parts. Most armor is 1:35 while cars are usually 1:24.
 _GOTOTOP