_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
pictures
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 2,085 Posts
KitMaker Network: 559 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 06, 2003 - 09:22 AM UTC
Hi my name is David. I am thirteen and have only been in armor modeling for a year or so but have been in ww2 aeroplane modeler for maybe 6 years. I've already pretty much got the hang of the site wich i may add is the best iv'e seen so far( good job ) but i was wonder, how do you post pics in a reply or forum topic?
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 8,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 963 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 06, 2003 - 10:00 AM UTC
Hi David,
Posting pics is quite simple but can be difficult to grasp when explained in writing, however I will try.
First of all your pics need to be hosted (posted) somewhere on the internet. If you have your own web page or site thats ideal, if like me you haven't then use the Armorama affiliated MSN site. There's a link top right of the page, and open an album and put your pics there.
Once you have downloaded your pics into your MSN album they are available to post into forums. To do that:
1. Open your album.
2. Left click on the thumbnail of the picture you want. (This will open the pic to it's proper size. If you don't do this you will show the thumbnail).
3. Now right click, within the picture, this opens a menu.
4. Select Properties. This opens an information box. In the information box you will see the URL of the picture. ( A bunch of letters and numbers)
5. Follow this exactly: Place your courser at the very left of the URL, press the left mouse button and hold, drag the courser to the rightand down slightly . This will highlight the URL.
6. Press Ctrl+c that will copy the URL.
7. Go to your post reply, text box (this thing I'm writing in), underneath the box is a bunch of codes, click on the one at the right [img]. You will get [img] http://put.url.here/image.file.[img] where your courser is.
8. Highlight the bits between the ][ ie http://put.url.here/image.file. ( Make sure you leave the brackets unhighlighted)
9. Press Ctrl+V this will paste the URL for your pic between the brackets.
Now when you click "SUBMIT" assuming you've done it right your pic will be in the post.
Sounds complicated but it's not. Copy and past this into a word document, print it and then you can follow it. If you have a problem, post again here or PM me (personnal message. Click on where it says PM at the bottom of this.) :-)
Good luck, can't wait to see your pics :-)
By the way I build WWII aircraft. :-)
Mal
TUGA
Visit this Community
Setubal, Portugal
entire network: 1,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 562 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 06, 2003 - 10:05 AM UTC
Hi David,

Above your post at the right side you have the button that can give you what you need.

If after that still with doubts, call again.

HTH
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
entire network: 2,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 532 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 06, 2003 - 10:06 AM UTC
Hi junior, welcome on board !
To post pics here, you need to have that pic posted on a website. Many sites offer that possibility, but you can always try the Armorama pages on MSN.

Click the picture with your right mouse button, and select "properties" (NOT "copy"). This shows the web address of the picture. Copy this address (make sure you don't forget any bits, since such addresses can be quite long).

Then you come to the "post text" window that was opened in this forum when you clicked the "post reply" button here. You select the [img] button here below and paste the picture web address in there.

Other people can explain this better, and they have. Why don't you try the "search" function here ? But at 13, you probably know more about this than I do at my "old" age.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 06, 2003 - 02:55 PM UTC
Hi - Welcome - my best advice on posting images - Listen to the guys before me, they know what they're talking about.

Don't hestitate to ask any question. There's enough knowledge and skill on this site to re-model Michael Jackson to make him look human again (sorry any MJ fans, he can sing he's just feaky lookin). I guess that would be if he wants to look human again .
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
entire network: 3,271 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 06, 2003 - 08:43 PM UTC
Welcome David to the best modelling site in the world! Have fun here.

Great to have you with us.
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 3,856 Posts
KitMaker Network: 719 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 07, 2003 - 08:03 AM UTC
greetings my young friend. You will learn a lot from this site that will help you immensly with your modeling. :-)
 _GOTOTOP