_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Greetings to everybody!
Lee-Enfield
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 02:25 AM UTC
Hi, folks! I'm fairly new to modelling, and have discovered that I really enjoy it. My particular focus at the moment is WWII, and am really tickled with the advice and help that everybody seems to be giving and making available. I also like the fact that while a lot of people look to be historically accurate with the painting and detailing, there is also a certain degree of "modeller's license" also. Good stuff here, folks!
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
entire network: 6,048 Posts
KitMaker Network: 845 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 02:55 AM UTC
Welcome Lewis, take a good look around and feel free to ask questions.
What are you working on at the moment?
Lee-Enfield
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 09:52 PM UTC
Right at the moment I'm working on a US Infantry squad by Tamiya in 1/35. I'm planning on coupling that with Trumpeter's Motorized Regiment (Belgrade 1941) set in my first urban diorama. I'm going to try to scratch build most of the buildings, so we'll see how that goes. Lots of tips and advice here, though! I've also done a Russian T-26 combined with another set of German soldiers (I can't recall which one) and an SdKfz 234/1 with infantry walking on a patrol. I still need to build the scene for it, but I sort of want to wait until I can put some shelves up to display it. Soon... soon... You know, it's hard reining myself in from getting carried away! I love it!
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 2,058 Posts
KitMaker Network: 787 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 10:24 PM UTC

Ahhh, isn't it funny how no-one realizes how complex our hobby is until they really start delving into it? :-)

Welcome to Armorama, Lewis! Hope ya learn a lot and share with us all the little things you figure out yourself. It's a great site. When I first came across Armorama, I didn't know as much as I thought I did and in the first two weeks I learned so much, my skills literally doubled. I am now a fairly well-thought-of scratchbuilder.
So cheers! Sit down, have a read and soak it all in. You are among friends, teachers and students alike.

Cuhail
 _GOTOTOP