_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Really New
CRDawson
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 7 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2007 - 07:44 AM UTC
I'm 38, almost, and I've never really been into modelling. I built a few when I was a pre-teen but never painted them. I would just play with them until they broke, then I would trash them. So, I was in a hobby shop and thought what the heck. I've bought some models and a couple of books and mags. The more I read the more questions I have and that is why I'm here. Oh, I'm not a computer guy either so this could get ugly in a hurry.

Good Times,
CR
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 2,058 Posts
KitMaker Network: 787 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2007 - 10:23 AM UTC

Hey CR, Welcome to the Big-A! You won't find a better bunch of teachers and learners anywhere else. Don't be afraid to start a topic and ask questions, but, I gotta tell ya, chances are really, really good, the answer is a few keywords in the search bar. Look around at all the WIP (work in progress) threads and you can follow along with someones build and see what's going on. You'll find all sorts of techniques on painting.
So, what sorts of kits did ya buy? Cars? Planes? A tank? A ship?

C'mon, what's up? Fill us in.

Cuhail
CRDawson
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2007 - 10:16 PM UTC
Well, I'm a both feet type person. I bought a 1/48 snap tight Tiger to practice painting techniques (idea from this website). I also bought a 1/35 Tiger, Panther A, Crusader III, Sherman, and a German half-track. I have built the Crusader OOB (out of box?). I plan on building the Sherman using some after market items. I hope to get more and more technical as I go. I am going to totally paint the Crusader step-by-step like I found in this book, that way I can see how I did versus some one who knows what they are doing.

CR
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 26, 2007 - 03:46 PM UTC
Welcome Aboard CR,
Check out the features, articles and ON Displays for information, and inspiration. Ask your questions in the threads and you'll get plenty of help suggestions on improving your skills, and encouragement along the way.
CRDawson
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 10:29 AM UTC
One of my first questions was going to be "How do you paint the rubber band type tank treads?" I found where some one else had asked the question and there were 9 pages of tips and suggestions. This site is great!

Thanks,
CR
 _GOTOTOP