_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello From DieselRocket!
DieselRocket
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 128 Posts
KitMaker Network: 8 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 09, 2007 - 07:47 PM UTC
Ladies and Gents,

My name is KS Guerry, aka DieselRocket. I have actually been a member of Armorama for a few years, but hardly active... just kind of lurking and viewing, visiting sometimes. In the last year or so though, my appetite for the military build has grown substantially, and the quality of Armorama.com has improved - and has greatly motivated me to get active in this community as of late. So - hello! I just wanted to take a few moments to introduce myself and congratulate many on the site who I greatly admire for their brilliant work, and eagerness to share their knowledge!

I was born and have lived most of my life in Texas. Just in the past two years, I have moved my family to East Tennessee in relation to my career of Software Engineering. I grew up a Dallas Cowboy maniac - I still want to be Roger Staubach - and spent the majority of my youth trotting around the country playing baseball for Texas Tech University, and later in the minor leagues for a few years.

In 1995, I found myself bored one night and somehow ended up at a Toys'RUs buying a NASCAR model. I got pretty hooked on the sport and building styrene stockers, something I still occasionally do. Built a few military kits as a kid, but nothing serious. A few years ago, as a change of pace from cars, I grabbed a Sherman, and the rest is history - I am absolutely hooked on armor, and the seldom aviation model.

Only in the last year have I gotten really serious about trying to be a really good military model builder. I am greatly inspired by the Spanish style of MIG Jimenez and Adam Wilder, et al. It is my goal personally to build a collection that I enjoy and that relects my interest in WW2 history. It is my "secret" goal to someday win a few gold medals and maybe get a model in a publication - but I have a long way to go.

Thanks for having such a great community Armorama, and to everyone a "hello" from the Texan from Tennessee - I hope that I can make many new friends, and ultimately give back to the community as much or more than I take.

Torchy
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,016 Posts
KitMaker Network: 237 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 09, 2007 - 11:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

It is my "secret" goal to someday win a few gold medals and maybe get a model in a publication - but I have a long way to go.

Hi Diesel,, looking at your mk IV you wont have to wait long I had to look twice at it nice build
Andy
DieselRocket
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, February 09, 2007 - 11:54 PM UTC
Ah Torchy, you are too generous! Thank you, that is a great compliment.

biffa
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 881 Posts
KitMaker Network: 37 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 12:00 PM UTC
Hi K S, i know were already introduced but i'de still like to welcome you anyways, even though you have been a member longer than i have :-) its good to see you posted some of your work and i totally agree with Andy, it is very nice work, i think we all secretly or openly would like to have something published, it makes me feel good when i get one of my builds picked for the "on display".
Im still hoping to try get to hobbytown on tuesday but still not sure if the wifes working that night or not.

Ron.
Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
entire network: 2,169 Posts
KitMaker Network: 447 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 05:05 AM UTC
Gday KS

A very warm welcome to Armorama from New Zealand.

If you are into Armour as you already know this is the place to be.

Regards

Sean
DieselRocket
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 06:42 AM UTC
Thanks for the welcomes Gents -

I look forward to being active in the days to come - Biffa, hope to maybe see you Tues and make some formal introductions - and maybe see some of your latest work in person - come if you can!

_GOTOTOP