_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
first post so a little nervous
Ethan
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
entire network: 17 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2006 - 09:35 PM UTC
hey, this is my first post so rather nervous, anyway, I'm 12 years old and live in Cardiff, Wales, U.K. i started modeling with planes, then 1/72 armor and figures which led me to 1/35 figures. i paint the odd 25mm and 30mm but mainly stick to 1/35. I'm near finishing my first figure from dragon's Gen2 last battle Austria set ( highly recommended ). i paint mainly in acrylics, never could get the hang of oils, but experimenting with other mediums. my other interests include rugby, water colour and oil painting, my beloved guitar and my friends.
thanks very much for listening
james
Lucky13
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,707 Posts
KitMaker Network: 530 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2006 - 09:46 PM UTC
Heeyyyy.....James! Welcome to the fraternity here at the big A... Here you'll find a big bunch of great people, always happy to help. Hope that you'll enjoy your stay here with us.
Ethan
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2006 - 09:55 PM UTC
thanks Jan. I've been snooping around for a while, only just plucked up the courage to post.
James
Grauwolf
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,485 Posts
KitMaker Network: 480 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2006 - 10:26 PM UTC
Ahoy Mate!

Welcome to the Armorama/MSW. You meet a great bunch here, no matter
what your modelling. Have a look around and enjoy.

Joe
troubble27
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 783 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2006 - 10:37 PM UTC
Hi james, welcome to Armorama! Glad you found this place. I found this site about 3 years ago, and there is so much good information and great people here I stop back to check it out almost every day. Dont be afraid to post any questions you might have either. At my job, I have a saying......"The only stupid question is the one you dont ask". have fun, and we'll cya around

Gary
Ethan
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2006 - 10:39 PM UTC
thanks Joe . I've been looking around for quit a while now ( last few months ) and must say it's a great site and everyone seems very nice. I'm very impressed and inspired by the work shown here and only hope that i can reach a similar level some day. now back to that figure. . . . . . .
James
Ethan
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2006 - 10:47 PM UTC
thanks Gary. you're right about the only stupid question is the one not asked. nearly finished that German and got some paint today to start on a dragon 1/72 panther ( another great kit ), just need to find a way of applying the camo scheme without a fine airbrush, hmmmm. . . . tricky one
James
Arthur
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,454 Posts
KitMaker Network: 489 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 18, 2006 - 12:47 AM UTC
Welcome James,this site caters for young whippersnappers or oldies like me,have fun with "A" family.
Arthur
Ethan
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, November 18, 2006 - 01:38 AM UTC
thanks Arther, you a great inspiration for your conversions with plastic figures, which i think are still worth it even though a lot of people have given up on them and only use resin. just got to paint the boots and kar98 on my first figure and then it will be done, which will be a relief.
James
SnakeEye
Visit this Community
Rodopi, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 310 Posts
KitMaker Network: 102 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 18, 2006 - 03:44 AM UTC
Welcome James. Hope you enjoy your stay here.
Ethan
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, November 18, 2006 - 04:34 AM UTC
thanks
HES21
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 288 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 18, 2006 - 06:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

my other interests include rugby, water colour and oil painting

Snap! As I speak, I'm just taking a break from my Art Coursework!
I only joined this year, but this is a great site! I ask tons of questions, and they all get answered... it's brilliant!

Harry

BTW, what posistion do you play? And Wales will lose to England! :-)
Ethan
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, November 18, 2006 - 07:42 PM UTC
well my grandmother was an artist, my dad does a lot of design and drawing and my mum does water colours so i was bound to end up doing some sort of art. i play prop and you wish, wales are so gonna win. :-)
James
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 18, 2006 - 07:52 PM UTC
Hi James,

Welcome to the Kitmaker Network.

Don't forget to check out Historicus Forma, the Kitmaker Network's figure modelling site. We've got some great SBS's on painting, and a great bunch of hosts and members to guide you on your figure painting adventure And yes, we even have a few regular mini painters

Awesome to have another rugger fan here... how about that Springbok-England game yesterday? Man was it close... I could have cried when we threw it away in the last few minutes...

Rudi
Ethan
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, November 18, 2006 - 08:10 PM UTC
thanks Rudi. just finished my first 1/35 fig, got to post some photos soon. I know, very close game, only 2 points in it.
James
Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
entire network: 2,169 Posts
KitMaker Network: 447 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2006 - 05:04 PM UTC
Gidday James

A very warm welcome from New Zealand - home of the almighty All Blacks.

Great to see another rugby fan around here.

Pull up a keyboard and spend sometime enjoying this site and its friendship as a member.

Regards

Sean
AndyD
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
entire network: 672 Posts
KitMaker Network: 218 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2006 - 05:08 PM UTC
G'Day James,

Welcome aboard - no need to be nervous our bark's much worse than our bite!!
Well except JimRae maybe.. :-)
Ethan
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2006 - 05:54 PM UTC
thanks Andy and Sean. we will just have to see how they fare against the almighty wales :-)
James
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 760 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2006 - 01:15 AM UTC
Hi James and welcome to the site.

Are you going to post some pics of your stuff?
Ethan
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2006 - 02:51 AM UTC
thanks Murdo. as soon as i can, got quite a few projects on the go at the moment. i just need to borrow either my mum's or my dad's digital camera, which is unlikely at the moment and i also need a good setup for taking pics, any help in that area would be appreciated
thanks James
jlmurc
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,267 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2006 - 02:59 AM UTC
Hi James,
Welcome to Armorama and I can say honestly that this is the last place to feel nervous, I am 46 and this is the first ever Forum that I have ever joined and actually posted to on a regular basis.
Whatever your age you will find that most of the members will only be to happy to assist and offer help and advice in your modelling, without prejudice or stuffiness. Just have confidence and join in the conversations and hopefully we will see some of your work in the future.

It is especially nice to have more younger modellers joining as so many dont seem to have the desire to sit, concentrate and invest time in building something, preferring the faster thrills of the X-Box, Playstation and similar entertainment systems.

Regards,

John
hellbent11
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 725 Posts
KitMaker Network: 320 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2006 - 12:08 PM UTC
Hey James, Welcome Aboard! Glad to have you around. This is a great place to learn new things and ask questions. I wish I would have had this resource when I was your age. The biggest thing is there is no such thing as a dumb question around here! Some of us know a lot about some things but don't hardly know about something else. That's why I come here! There always seems to be a answer to your question. Have fun and don't be shy! Hellbent
Ethan
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2006 - 04:19 PM UTC
thanks John and Hellbent. I do get much more enjoyment from sitting and spending time and effort making something rather than it all being created for you on a Playstation or Xbox game, and it stops me from going out and getting an ASBO,
:-)
thanks James
jlmurc
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,267 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2006 - 06:15 PM UTC

Quoted Text

thanks John and Hellbent. I do get much more enjoyment from sitting and spending time and effort making something rather than it all being created for you on a Playstation or Xbox game, and it stops me from going out and getting an ASBO,
:-)
thanks James

Thats good to know James as an retired ACF Officer, I know that young adults have a lot more to offer than the media would try to have us know, although if you listen to what they would have us think an ASBO is being seen as some type of honour badge. Thats a load of rubbish as it maybe a minority and anyway there are more adults who have AsBos which seems to prove the media and Government wrong. If you get into modelling and stick with it, you will find that it is something that is likely to stick with you for life. I even found that I managed to continue with my hobby when I was in the regular army and had to model on my bed with a tray. It is something that I personally would like to see more young people getting into as the IPMS clubs offer such great comradeship and inspiration too. Hope to see some of your work very soon.

Yours aye,

John
Ethan
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2006 - 07:00 PM UTC
thanks again John. I find people my age are seen as '' thugs'' who just want to vandalize, that's not true, only a small amount actually want to cause trouble. It's unfortunate that not many people my age are into modeling, quite a few people i know do Warhammer but that's the extent of it. I've learnt so much from modeling, history wise as well as building and painting etc. . . . I'll try to post pics soon, i just need to learn how to take good photos, could someone please give me some advice on photography?
thanks James
 _GOTOTOP