_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hi from the sunny East Mids.
MTDriver
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 119 Posts
KitMaker Network: 66 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 01:48 PM UTC
Hi,my name is Dave and have just plucked up the 'courage' to say hello to all on the Armorama site.Have been browsing for a couple of years and am impressed by the quality of work and helpfulness of its members.I am not a very profilic modeller,start loads of kits,hardly ever see them through,loft full of shoe boxes (courtesy of the Imelda Marcoss of the midlands).I am a member of the East Midlands Model Club which puts on a show at Hinckley every year,so some of you guys will know me(I'm not that bad a judge,really!).Am an ex trooper from the 17/21st Lancers,at present a truck driver(stop that hissing and booing!).Interests are AFV's and WW1 aircraft,and anything that looks cool.Have been modelling on and off for the past 35 years.
All the best to you all......Dave.
lampie
Visit this Community
entire network: 6,249 Posts
KitMaker Network: 329 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 03:53 PM UTC
Hi Dave and welcome along.
Took you a couple of years?,,how could you resist??
Hinckleys a great show,we had the stand there this year and Im sure we'll be there again the next time!
Looking forward to seeing some of your aircraft.
Nige
Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
entire network: 2,169 Posts
KitMaker Network: 447 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 05:55 PM UTC
Gidday Dave

A very warm welcome from New Zealand.

I see we both share a taste for women who have a passion for fine footwear. LOL. Those shoe boxes sure do come in handy though.

Pull up a keyboard and spend sometime enjoying this site and its friendship as a member.

Regards

Sean
Visit this Community
entire network: 2,864 Posts
KitMaker Network: 138 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 02, 2006 - 01:20 AM UTC
Welcome Dave,(sunny east mids) your obviosly not getting out enough :-) Going to try to get over from leicester to the next Hinkley show.Anyway enjoy your stay.
Bye the way i had a good mate transfer over to 17/21 in mid eighties.

Steve
MTDriver
Visit this Community
entire network: 119 Posts
KitMaker Network: 66 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 02, 2006 - 04:07 AM UTC
Thanks for the welcome messages.Moved house a couple of years ago and only got modelling den up and running recently,other priorities first off after moving in.The club gets a lot of pos feedback on the show and we enjoy putting it on,and my has it grown over the 10+ years we've been doing it,its bloody hard work as any club will tell you,but the rewards far out weigh the worries,bad tempers and painful splinters from putting up and down those wooden tables.Left the Lancers in '74',ohmigod,has it been that long ago.
Keep up the good work chaps,many thanks again,maybe in the near future I can overcome my techno-phobia and post some pictures of my Dragon Morser Karl and its semi-articulated tracks!
Regards.....Dave.
almonkey
Visit this Community
entire network: 2,124 Posts
KitMaker Network: 369 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 03, 2006 - 01:03 AM UTC
hi dave from a fellow east midlander!
i've been to the hinckley show this year on the armorama stand and the year before as an ordinary punter. there was some local tv footage in the forums of this years show there, with our own henk getting on-screen judging. if you were judging you might be in it too, i'll try to track it down.
*edit* doh! it was milton keynes not hinckley!
 _GOTOTOP