Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Lets Talk...
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 1,430 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 26, 2006 - 08:43 AM UTC
There is a new chatroom open to modelers called Relocated Modelors . Its open to all members interested in chating with fellow modellers and friends. Feel free to join in the fun if you like!!!

Relocated Modelors
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
Posted: Monday, June 26, 2006 - 10:17 PM UTC
So far so good..we have about 13 people that have signed on..Soo..come on in..check it out!!!
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 2,394 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 26, 2006 - 10:54 PM UTC
Mary, Is there space there to store banners? Kevin
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 26, 2006 - 11:47 PM UTC
All Im getting is a MSN sign in screen, whats that all about (never been a computor boffin.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 12:01 AM UTC
An interesting choice of a group name. Also that it's a completely private and hidden from sight.

To all Piggies,
You want to chat... fine. But please don't let it get back to me via a concerned site user that you are using this forum to play the old 8th grade game of "cut-down" and see who can come up with the worst joke about so-and-so. This is WHY I got rid of the chat room we had and I will DO ANYTHING necessary to make certain this does not continue to happen even if it means banning every member involved in said "discussions" even on another site.

Fair warning. I am tired from 2 days of driving and standing at Dragon Expo. My radar is ON FULL spread right now and yes it's already cost the DSB a forum and the MSN site. I would not advise pushing this further unless you really are ready to relocate to another site. If that's the case then no hard feelings. You have that right. I am not trying to drive anyone off (Cliff included), but stuff like this is not going to scrape by this time. For those regulars who have a long standing on the site.... Here is the analogy. You are Wolverine in X-Men 3.... It's time to pick a side. Join Xavier (me) and protect the good of the community or join Magneto (gawd knows who) and work to bring conflict to the community by any means necessary to reach the end goal... a site without Jim Rae, Vinnie, or whoever else has incurred the wrath of the downtrodden!! (oh!! how noble!! right up there with curing cancer).

Sorry got a tad melodramatic there. I hope you get the point though.

Sincerely,
Jim
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 03:50 AM UTC
Jim, the chatroom is for any and all members as well as the passer by to join and talk modeling or any aspects in life that come up, its for modellers and their lives, as we no longer have a chatroom dedicated for that. This is in no way to create a meeting place just for the DSB, or a "hate place" towards any member of the staff nor is it exclusive to
Armorama members, so please do not think that. They are all welcome here including you. All you or anyone has to do is click the link and you will be included. As for the Chatroom being private, here again its not meant to be an elite society but to be able to keep those to young out when the topics might turn a little more mature for them, more of an age restriction.
To address your other concerns, if in fact my intention was to merely use this as a forum to talk about staff members I could have easily IM'D certain members only and kept it hidden from your view. I am a moderator here on your site and will treat this "chatroom" with the same respect and code of conduct that I enforce in the "Ladies Modeling Forum" however I cannot control topics every conversation, but be assured that if I see something out of line it will be dealt with. I wont deny the fact that from time to time that type of thing took place in your chatroom, but people will always talk about people in any and all
walks of life. I am both shocked an hurt that you think the chat room was set up merely to talk about other members.
HereIn closing, I would like to reassure you as this private chatrooms monitor, I will do everything and anything to keep it fair and civil, but cannot be held responsible for the occasional rant that may pop up from time to time. That is not the purpose of this chatroom at all, and I am saddenned that you feel this was an underminning attempt at doing such.
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 04:20 AM UTC
Woohoo! The room is open again to bag on TankCarl and his loser Boston Red Sox team!!!

Go Detroit Tigers!
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 05:19 AM UTC
Mary,
If you re-read my post you will note that I never implied you specifically set it up for that purpose. Only that, as you implied, from time to time the chat room is used as some kind of haven for those having some kind of axe to grind. My position, if not clear from the prior post, is that if I need to act like Wyatt Earp for a while and "clean up Dodge City" than I will.

Your choice of title (if it was yours) was a little off-putting but that is all I was saying in regards to that. I don't have any personal beef with you on this just a gut feeling about chat rooms in general.

Jim
redneck
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 1,602 Posts
KitMaker Network: 447 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 05:53 AM UTC
Ok I think I need to watch more movies......

I had signed up at the last one and found the few discussion I found there very pleasant so I’ll give this one a try in hopes of meeting even more of our site members and getting to know them better.

Any idea what times people will usually be on? On the last one I usually found it empty.
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 3,770 Posts
KitMaker Network: 747 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 09:26 AM UTC
Mary? All I get is a blank gray screen. What am I to do??? Bitte!!! Was ist los????

Mike (++) (++)

Jim, I'm going to go out on a limb here. A really small limb I might add. With that, I'm going to attempt to contact you via PM or whatever, not in an open forum. My intention is to be direct, truthful, and opinionated. There's been a lot of (poo) stuff lately that's been slung. I know I am but one of multiples (and yep, slung some too). As has been alluded to in some of the threads, there's a lot going on....particularly directed to certain staff members. Been there, done that, got pissed, "grew up," still don't like 'em....................okay, nuff. Hope you see my PM.

Mike (++) (++)

EDIT. JIM, YOUR CONTACT FORM LINK IS KAPUT....AIN'T WORKING (as of 2228 [mst] hours).
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 07:07 PM UTC
Mike..sent ya a personal invite..let me know if it works.

Mary (++)
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 08:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

EDIT. JIM, YOUR CONTACT FORM LINK IS KAPUT....AIN'T WORKING (as of 2228 [mst] hours).

What kind of problem are you getting? I just tried it and it work find here at work pc.

Jim
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 08:46 PM UTC
Not Found

The requested URL /contact was not found on this server.
Apache/2.0.51 (Fedora) Server at www.modelgeek.com Port 80

That is the error I got when I tried the link.

Shaun

/Don't need anything
//Just helping with the troubleshooting
markm
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 590 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 09:19 PM UTC
Weird, I tried it and got the contact page where you can choose Webmaster etc?
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 987 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 09:28 PM UTC
I can't seem to ever get ahold of Staff Jim via the provided means of contact on this site... shutting up now.
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 2,058 Posts
KitMaker Network: 787 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 09:30 PM UTC

Mary, I'm there.

Cuhail
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 3,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 678 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 09:51 PM UTC
As soon as AT und T gets my line fixed,(it gets noisy around this time of year) I will be able to chat and webcam build for you all.
God
We will have fun.
Jacob Once I am fully functional,I load the chat room around 8 EST .If the Sox are on,it could actually be sooner.

Tigers who? (++) (++) (++)
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 09:53 PM UTC
Ahh... the link in my sig line was for Armorama only. Now it works for any site.

Alex - I got your recent email I just haven't had time to respond as yet. Only so many hours in the day and some of them have to be taken up with my real job (like now) and wife and child. As it was I was up till 11:30 last night replying to emails, uploading images, etc and got a whole 6 hrs of sleep.

As I have said in the past with members and staff. Persistence (and pestering) is one sure way to get me to reply. On the other hand I would appriciate people realizing that about 300 or more *different* people email me each week. That I don't reply to every single one I would think is a given. I only wish I had that much free time.

Cheers,
Jim
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 987 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 09:57 PM UTC
Jim,

I fully understand, which is why I will not pester you. Thanks for repsonding. I apologize for hijacking this thread.