TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Episode II DVD
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 1,561 Posts
KitMaker Network: 485 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 03:39 AM UTC
So here we are... 5 days away from the DVD release of Star Wars - Episode II: Attack of the Clones. :-)
Anybody pre-order a copy? I didn't. It's easier to go down to Wal*Mart at 6AM when they've got a pallet full of 'em in the middle of an aisle. Probably cheaper too...
Speaking of Wal-Mart, the one here is 'auctioning' one of the promo stands for the DVD release.(highest bidder gets stand, money goes to charity) It's a 4 foot high cardboard stand with a life-size (I think) Yoda in the center. Searching for a pic now... Here it is! Cool, eh? I sure hope I win. (if you have trouble with the link, hit 'refresh'... it should work)
Is it Tuesday yet???

YodaMan
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 03:44 AM UTC
Nope - no pre-order this time. My birthday is on Wednesday - so I'm hoping one will appear through the magic of the Force...

Gunnie
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 04:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

... I'm hoping one will appear through the magic of the Force...

Gunnie

You mean the US Postal Service? I don't know your address though....

#:-)

YodaMan
PS - happy birthday in advance!
Whiskey
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,038 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 07:28 AM UTC
No wonder YM want the stand.....it has Yoda all over ithe darn thing lol!I am going to ahead and buy it but I cant watch it until I get my PS2 in about 2 weeks.
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 09:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

No wonder YM want the stand.....it has Yoda all over ithe darn thing lol!

Well, yeah! :-) It will serve as the centerpiece of my collection until I can get my hands on one of these!!!
Heh heh... The price tag is a bit steep, but I could buy it. The only problem is; I've got parents. If I mention my interest on the life-size Yoda, I get the 'responsible spending' talk.. ya ya.... (That's a thing I'd wait to buy until I'm out on my own anyway... ) :-)
Zach, you'll be getting a PS2? Cool! I've got one, and I love it! I'd reccomend the DVD remote, just in case your couch is farther away than the cord for the controller.

YodaMan
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 11:00 AM UTC
I would MOST DEFINATELY get the 3 year extended warranty on Yoda at Sharper Image. After all, he is 800 years old already.

Love the standee though. I will have to try to get one.

Jim
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 11:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I would MOST DEFINATELY get the 3 year extended warranty on Yoda at Sharper Image. After all, he is 800 years old already.

Love the standee though. I will have to try to get one.

Jim

LOL!!! :-) :-)

If I'm not the high bidder on the standee, I hope they give me a chance to counter-bid... How often does one have a chance to own one of those???

YodaMan
PS, I heard that Toys-R-Us will have the DVD for $9.99 only on the 12th... don't know if I'll wait til 10AM to get it though...
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 02:23 PM UTC
Man! What a weekend!!!... A wedding, guests, rehersal dinners, Sunday brunch... Craziness! #:-)

Anyhoo, I got my DVDs yesterday at about 6:45 AM. :-) Pretty good! The clone war isn't as awesome on a 31 inch TV (as opposed to a 70 foot screen) but it's still darn cool! I've watched most of it twice already.
Also picked up the extended edition of the Fellowship of the Ring. If you love the book, this DVD is a must buy. Lots of new footage to make the movie more like the book.

YodaMan
Whiskey
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,038 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 03:57 PM UTC
Cool beans man.
thewrongguy
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 448 Posts
KitMaker Network: 38 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 16, 2002 - 09:25 AM UTC
Is that guy who played anakin going to play darth vader in the 3rd movie? Is George Lucas going to direct the 3rd? My only major complaints about the movie were that the guy who played anakin was a suck and G Lucas isn't a great director.

I watched the movie yesterday for the first time since the movies and it wasn't as horrible as I remebered it, or as blurry ('Hey man, when we were 16 we drank before we went to return of the jedi, lets do it again for old times sake').

Still the best special effect in the whole thing was that ewan mcgregor hit alec guiness accent right on, score one for good old fashion acting.

Jeff
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2002 - 08:53 AM UTC
I finally got the Yoda standup!
It's a pretty big thing, 5 feet tall and 32 inches wide. I had a heck of a time trying to cram it into the back of my Geo Prizm! :-) The edges are a little bent in some spots, the lightsaber needs to be reinforced, and there's a small tear near the top, but overall it's in great condition! The new centerpiece to my collection.
I'll get a photo posted as soon as I get my camera back for my brother.

YodaMan