_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
askig questions and getting no answers
fafhrd47
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 52 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 01:57 AM UTC
in some of the other forums i put questions but no answers is it because of the question or people on not interested .
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 02:09 AM UTC
Could be no one had the answer and the post went out of site very quickly.
Vic
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,697 Posts
KitMaker Network: 237 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 02:10 AM UTC

I saw your post in the figure forum but I din't understand what you are asking.
You'll find a lot of very helpful people on this site with a lot of skill and advise to offer.

Welcome to Armorama.

Vic
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 02:10 AM UTC
I don't really understand your question. Do you mean you asked a question here and no one answered you? If so, this normally means either your question was not clear enough (like this one), or a person who knows the answer just hasn't read the question yet.

I've seen the second example happen quite frequently when someone from Europe asks a question when it is around midnight in the US and wonders why they don't get an answer after 4-6 hours. The reason is simple, folks in the US are sleeping. Although this is an international forum, the majority of activity occurs during the waking hours in the US.

Rest assured, if someone knows the answer to your question, they will answer it. I saw your other post and if that is a question, I sure as heck do not understand what you are asking.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 02:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Subject: british uniforms -ww2 in oils

this my first time so here goes i will be the tamiya - british on patrol- mto.

Hi Marc. Please clarify exactly what you want .... theres pleanty of help, but the question needs to be clearer.
Welcome to the site, by the way.
Drader
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,791 Posts
KitMaker Network: 765 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 02:35 AM UTC
Hi Marc

Thought I recognised your callsign from Military Modelling's 'Cries for help'. I've posted an answer there...
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 02:43 AM UTC
I don't have any say in the way the site is run. I have some editorial abilities (to assist in uploading, editing reviews and features) and have fairly unlimited gallery abilities (i.e. I can create albums, upload, move, edit photoes, etc.). I also have moderator abilities in forums that I moderate (all of sci-fi, buy/sell, some armor subcategories).

Jim recently tried putting out a call to have various "hosts" in the subcategories (which is why I lost moderating abilities in some armor subcats like Axis Armor). We barely got enough "host" volunteers for some of the major subcategories let alone get enough volunteers to be handing out additional time zone related duties.

The original poster asked a question a 8:52 AM GMT and five minutes later at 8:57 is wondering why no one has answered a vague unstated question. Ten minutes later, someone (Mary) tried asking for clarification. I think that's a pretty timely response.
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 2,058 Posts
KitMaker Network: 787 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 02:58 AM UTC
And now, with my 500th post, which ups my rank past staff sergeant (finally!) I say this:

Oh brother.

Thank you,
Cuhail
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 03:21 AM UTC
It would also help, if when posting, if you used slightly more conventional language. Many of us have neither the time (nor the inclination) to try and decipher what you're trying to say. Most of us on the forums DON'T post as if we're sending SMS messages. The English language with all it's quirky little aspects (grammar, spelling etc.) is a wonderful creation, you could try using it.... - just a suggestion...Jim

ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 05:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Subject: british uniforms -ww2 in oils

Yikes! Was that the whole question? I have no idea what is being asked?
zoomie50
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 358 Posts
KitMaker Network: 164 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 05:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

in some of the other forums i put questions but no answers is it because of the question or people on not interested .

hey MArc
I'm sort of a newbie here myself. Everybody here has been very helpful. I've found out if you give them alot of info in the question as to what you're wanting, then you'll get alot more info in the reply. "yes, I'm speaking from experience " And if you're not sure what froum to put it in, just ask, either the staff or a member will direct you. " been there to." Please give them a day to answer. I find if I post a question and wait a day, I have several answers waitng.
Jerry
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 05:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hmmm,

He wants to be the Tamiya.. British on patrol.. Ok..

Maybe he wants to play a rolplaying game, and we have to pick an opposing side..

I'll be a Hetzer, in ambush....
Achtung Herr Gunner, target, marching infantry at 2 o,clock. Fire at wil.

Auf them Weg, Herr Commandant,

jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 06:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

And now, with my 500th post, which ups my rank past staff sergeant (finally!) I say this:

Oh brother.

Thank you,
Cuhail

Congratulations. What exactly does this have to do with the current post? ...Jim
TsunamiBomb
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 1,447 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 08:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hmmm,

He wants to be the Tamiya.. British on patrol.. Ok..

Maybe he wants to play a rolplaying game, and we have to pick an opposing side..

I'll be a Hetzer, in ambush....
Achtung Herr Gunner, target, marching infantry at 2 o,clock. Fire at wil.

Auf them Weg, Herr Commandant,

OHHHH, i want to play! I want to be a dragon tiger 1, 3 and 1! Its gonna be hard for only a tamiya british kit, hopefully they have some kind of anti-tank?
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 08:13 AM UTC
Hey there bud,

Firstly, once again welcome to the big "A"...

Secondly, regarding your question in your other post... I think I may have given you a start there... check it out

Okay, now regarding this question... you gave us a whole 5 minutes to answer your question before making this post... hey buddy, give us some time... remember there are tons of folk here from different time zones... many of us are heading off to get some shut-eye while you're having lunch...

We are definitely all interested in what each member of our global community is doing, however we may just not know the answer...

If I could put a personal request for a favour out to you... please try to articulate yourself a bit better... you'll find you'll have a lot more replies... Many of us found this out the same way you just have... :-) :-) :-)

Cheers

Rudi

p.s. --- Tell us something about yourself... this is afterall the Introductions forum...
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 10:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Oh brother.

Thank you,
Cuhail

Congratulations. What exactly does this have to do with the current post? ...Jim

Jim, on any other website in which I post on forums, nothing competes with Armorama.
I can honestly say that under 50 posts exist by me on all other sites combined.
I hit 500 with: "Oh brother" because I could see the underlying silliness building and chose to limit myself to that.

Hi Marc,
There are no bad questions.
I find that there are silly answers
I usually voice them first

Welcome to Armorama!
Cuhail
fafhrd47
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 10:23 AM UTC
so far i have got more answers then military modeling magazine site- cries for help
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 10:43 AM UTC
Marc, if you keep on posting, you know, asking questions, we will always do our best to answer and keep you modeling. Do you have some family or friends with a digital camera? I'm sure everyone here would love to see your modeling!

An Armorama friend,

Cuhail
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 11:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

so far i have got more answers then military modeling magazine site- cries for help

I think you will get a better response if you type in normal english. You aren't using and capitalization or punctuation which makes it very difficult to understand.
fafhrd47
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, May 27, 2005 - 07:21 AM UTC
but i have no scanner and because i can not show any pictures.
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 - 07:40 PM UTC
welcome in Armorama. All members care to help if they know the answer or they understand the question Be sure on this
 _GOTOTOP