TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Has anyone seen the movie "SAHARA"?
Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 2,312 Posts
KitMaker Network: 871 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2005 - 06:48 AM UTC
I have finished reading the book last night and plan on going to see the movie tonight. I know that it's been out for a while so I would like to know your thoughts on it.
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2005 - 07:15 AM UTC
Which Sahara are you talking about? The old M3 tank one with Bogey or the new one with Matthew McConoughy(sp)?

I've seen the old Bogey one with the M3 Lee
Marty
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2005 - 07:48 AM UTC
The new one.
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 715 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2005 - 09:30 AM UTC
Forget that you read the book when you see the film. Its an average action flick
Its a better book
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 1,430 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2005 - 11:10 PM UTC
Sahara..i have to say that i really enjoyed the movie. Its not only a great action story but also is very funny. Matthew McConaughey and Steve Zahn have a very good chemistry and tend to act together wonderfully..I give it two thumbs up..
stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,434 Posts
KitMaker Network: 114 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2005 - 11:46 PM UTC
Marty, having read and seen both, I think they are both great in their own respects. Clive is trying to forget the autrocity of his first movie "Raise the Titanic," and is giving us a New starting point in a fun well done way. Some of the stuff is missing but they are doing a hey we just starting thing with ine of the best books in the series. hope you like it STUG
Marty
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 12:13 AM UTC
Well friends, I have seen the movie and.....

If I hadn't read the book then perhaps this would have been a pretty good flick. Having read the book, I am disappointed in how the stories were twisted around and changed chronologically. The thing I was looking forward to were the gold mine and the clash at the old French fort. There were also some key characters missing (in my opinion).

I liked both Matthew McConaughey and Steve Zahn. They indeed had good chemistry together.

I guess I just expected too much out of this movie. To those who have not read the book I would recommend this movie but to those who like have read it, well take it for what it is just a movie.
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,065 Posts
KitMaker Network: 497 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 01:49 PM UTC
The movie is OK. I saw it for free so I can't complain too much. It's probably worth matinee price, though.

For the most part the action wasn't too silly. The first two thirds of the movie were good but I got a bit bored by the end. The acting is decent, the girl is cute, the plot is ludicrous.

To be 100% honest, I can't remember that much about it even though only I saw it 2 weeks ago. (No I wasn't drunk or asleep either!)

So I would say that means its yoru average Hollywood action film - entertaining but forgettable.

Steve
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 10:45 AM UTC
Being a huge Clive Cussler fan and hearing he was rather displeased with the movie, I have decided to relegate it to movie rental. I just rented the dvd Treasue and enjoyed it quite a bit, but was glad I didn't spend the extra 4 bucks to see it in the theatre. I think the only theatre flic I may see is Fantastic 4, but then I love all the early Marvel stuff (X-Men was not early Marvell as shown). Haven't heard too much buzz, but I think they are wisely awiting until the Stars Wars hype and movie die down in a month or so.....Sure hope they are working on Spiderman 3 and they get all the main actors back.
Crackshot53
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
entire network: 143 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 11:52 AM UTC
Why can't they make a movie on one of the Cussler books that Mr. Pitt gets into a High-speed chase in one of his cars? Treasure, with the chase down the ski slope and the gun battle at the mining station comes to mind...
(++) (++) (++)