TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Last Star Wars - Are you worried?
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,065 Posts
KitMaker Network: 497 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 24, 2005 - 07:51 AM UTC
Well, I see that the local Wal-Mart has started with the deluge of Star Wars junk (and I'm sure not gonna be buyin' any of it)!

But, I did decide to watch Episode II again as I haven't seen it for a couple years and don't think I ever really watched it more than twice. If it wasn't for that horrible actor playing Anakin and the dialouge that is almost too embarassing to hear when you are watching alone, the movie would be pretty good. Really like the Fett gang and the Jedis are pretty cool. But I can't stand that spoiled Anakin!

I won't watch Episode I because it was a complete disaster. What were they thinking? One of the great Star Wars characters is killed before he even gets a chance to shine (and I don't mean Darth Maul - who was OK too).

So I'm hoping that Episode III redeems Lucas a bit. So far it looks to be good but I hope it will be something on the level of the originall trilogy. Sad to think that there are another 2 hours and then its curtins.

So anyone think Episode III will be the best? Maybe as good as Return? Or even Empire?

Steve
sgtsauer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 2,605 Posts
KitMaker Network: 650 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 24, 2005 - 07:58 AM UTC
I too, was terribly disappointed with Episode 1 and Episode 2. Episode two was an improvement though. I hope Episode 3, as you say, redeems the trilogy. I have fond memories (and a lot of toys still in the package) from my younger years. The toys I will get rid of somehow but I will keep the memories forever.

It is kind of sad to see it all end but, as they say, all good things must come to an end.

Overall, I would still have to thank George Lucas for giving us such a great series of movies even if a couple were kind of goofy!
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 24, 2005 - 09:27 AM UTC
The Last one. Well that's 6 too many in my opinion. Well the second one was OK with the Luke I'm your father shocker. I don't get into cutsey little robots (Like Buck Rodgers) or little furry things jumping around (like original BG) or goofy aliens. Give me Twilight Zone, Babylon 5, the New Battlestar Galactica most of the Star TRek (bad acting and all) I like a good story that appeals to my intellect, not goofy kid stuff

JUST ONE MAN"S OPINION
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 3,172 Posts
KitMaker Network: 612 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 24, 2005 - 10:11 AM UTC
The thing I liked about #2 is how they showed a young Boba Fett Hopefully he will have a good role in #3
jRatz
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 1,171 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 24, 2005 - 01:44 PM UTC
I rate 'em 4,5,6,2,1.

The two newest ones traded off too much character development -- unfortunately Lucas got captured by the "dark side" of technology. And I hate chubby kids as much as Jar-Jar ....

I hope #3 ends up around #5 in my rankings -- #4 (the first) can't be beat .

It would be nice to see 7,8,9 but I don't think it will happen.

John
MEBM
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 1,055 Posts
KitMaker Network: 428 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 24, 2005 - 03:04 PM UTC
I, too, have heard about the rumors concerning 7-9. I grew up on Star Wars (Also, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, which is ruined now, but that's another story...), and I loved them all. A friend of mine, who's read every Star Wars book written (Literally!) that he can get his hands on, has told me about Episode III. Apparently, George Lucas had to cut it down by practically half to make it PG-13 . Apparently, Anakin kills the Jedi in a very , well, gory way. Also, the main lightsaber battle is about 20 minutes long! As for Jar-Jar, I honestly hope he's among those Jedi...
Angela
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 853 Posts
KitMaker Network: 275 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 24, 2005 - 05:24 PM UTC
I also watched "Phantom Menace" and "Attack of the Clones." I was disappointed on the first movie although I was impressed by Darth Maul.

The second movie was in improvement but I hated the actor who played Anakin's role. He doesn't have a damned talent in acting. His acting was very flat. When I heard that he'll star as Anakin in the "Revenge of the Sith," I was seething. Can't they find a better one?

About Episodes 7 to 9, I got an email from George Lucas himself (Okay, I'm just kidding :-) ). I read somewhere in the internet that he won't be making those. Most probably, it would be more of a TV series than movies.

One thing I hope he would do, though. If you have read "The New Jedi Order" series, you will discover a new enemy called the Yuuzhan Vong. These are really bad ass, terrible enemies...more dangerous than everything else in Star Wars. If possible, a movie or a series of "The New Jedi Order" would be very good.

Just my opinion.

Angela
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Monday, April 25, 2005 - 04:22 AM UTC
I heard Lucas say that there would probably be a TV series based on Star Wars.

Pretty sure this will be the last feature movie. Lucas is in his 50's now, a movie takes a few years to make, and I'm sure he has other things he wants to do.

I think the original storyline is pretty worn out and with this last movie we will have seen most of it. Luke as a child on a boring planet won't be a good show. Maybe the adventures of Han Solo would, but it might also take away some of that characters mystique.

I hope they do decide on the TV series as it is a bit sad to think there is nothing Star Wars to look forward to.

Steve
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 987 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 25, 2005 - 05:50 AM UTC
my brief opinion:

Episode 1 ehhhh?

Episode 2 ummm okay! getting better!

Episode 3 - please! please! please be good!

Ultimately I like them all, there's no point in complaining too much about any of them - I don't feel that a stellar acting performance should be expected by anyone in the Star Wars movies given that Academy award performances by actors is not what the Star Wars movies are about.
I do not believe any rumor about episodes 7-9 and as for any TV possibilties I won't hold my breath on that either

Yes it will suck knowing this time the end of Star Wars is for real.

Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 25, 2005 - 05:57 AM UTC
I saw the original Star Wars about a week before all the hype began way back when. I still remember ducking the first time that star cruiser flew over. I thought it the most amazing movie I'd ever seen as far as special affects, and the story was pretty fun. Number two and three, okay "episode 5 and 6", were both pretty good also. I even went to see the original when it war re-released with upgrade special affects in some scenes. That said number one didn't do a thing for me, and I could never sit through number two all the way. I may or may not go see number three when it's in theaters, but if I don't I'll still have great memories of the first three.

jRatz
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 1,171 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 25, 2005 - 02:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I saw the original Star Wars about a week before all the hype began way back when. I still remember ducking the first time that star cruiser flew over. I thought it the most amazing movie I'd ever seen as far as special affects, and the story was pretty fun.
... snip ...

I'm like you -- I saw #4 when it first came out.
When Han Solo came back & blasted DV off Luke's tail, I stood up & cheered, as did many others. The whole movie just had something about it that sucked you right in -- character, action, mystery, everything ....
Tough act to follow ....

Whenever there is nothing on TV (like 99% of the time), wifey drags out 4-6 & plays 'em .... I think our whole family can do the dialog from 4-6 ....

John
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 3,172 Posts
KitMaker Network: 612 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 11:59 AM UTC
Has anybody been eating the special Star Wars M&M's? I like the dark side mix It's dark chocolate M&M's :-) :-) I wonder if Mel Brooks will make any spoofs of the latest Star Wars
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 02:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Has anybody been eating the special Star Wars M&M's? I like the dark side mix It's dark chocolate M&M's :-) :-)

Saw the ad tonight on TV. Pretty funny. Now I want to try some - stupid ads!

Man is Wal-Mart stuffed with Star Wars junk. I went in today to get some motor oil and a wiper blade and there was even Star Wars stuff in the auto department!

Steve
gunnerk19
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
entire network: 354 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 04:25 PM UTC
The last 2 movies to me were bummers, plain and simple. TPM? Too schmoozy... I mean come on, young Anakin running around going "Yippee!", and accidentally blasting the Trade Federation command ship away? Oh, and Jar Jar? Oy Vey...

AOTC was better, but not much; At least Anakin's character evolves and we see his noticeable good/bad feelings evolve, but the whole Obiwan/Anakin/Zam Wessel scene reminded me too much of Blade Runner, but the "Stormtroopers" at least are becoming more recognizable...

Oh yeah, and more Jar Jar...

One thing that has me wondering big time is the evolution of Anakin's lightsaber after his "demise" following his battle with Obi Wan; In ANH, OWK gives Luke his "Father's" lightsaber, the graflex one with the bubble strips on the clamp, but Anakin's saber in Ep. III has some funky looking gold circuit board in place of the bubble strip; How did this come about, if Anakin was presumed dead and didn't change it? Did Obi Wan? and why?

Hoping I am, will this all be revealed next month...
Hmmmmm?

Oh yeah, I got my Lightsaber spoon outta a box of Frosted Flakes! M&M's be darned...

Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,161 Posts
KitMaker Network: 533 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 02:06 AM UTC
Episode 1 was not bad, I thought the kid did a good job in endearing us to the character of Anakin and seeing that he was once a nice kid before he became Vader. Also, they FINALLY did it right with the light saber duels, Darth Maul ROCKED but he killed him off too quick.

Episode II was great in terms of technology, absolutely awesome effects but the whole movie was overshadowed by the fact that Hayden Christiansen couldn't act his way out of a wet paper bag. I think his wooden looks and acting will fit in much better for Episode III, which is really looking to be by far, the best of the prequels.

In all fairness, I think the first two were movies that Lucas had to really work at. I think it's really THIS movie that he knew all along and had in his head, Anakin's fall. It was the parts leading up to it he needed to fill out and since he didn't really have all that much we were given great technical stuff and Jar Jar. lol
Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 2,312 Posts
KitMaker Network: 871 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 03:51 AM UTC
To tell you the truth I have a bit of a problem with the whole idea of prequels. I would have preferred for Lucas to just continue with the story instead of going back in time. I also miss Han Solo and Chewbacca! Nevertheless, I do enjoy watching all the new Star Wars episodes.
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 10:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

To tell you the truth I have a bit of a problem with the whole idea of prequels. I would have preferred for Lucas to just continue with the story instead of going back in time. I also miss Han Solo and Chewbacca! Nevertheless, I do enjoy watching all the new Star Wars episodes.

Those guys got a bit too old to be action heroes.

Yeah, I sure wish the prequel stories would be better. They got so confusing with all the different alliences, trade federations, blah.

I do have hope for a TV series though. Given the way the new Galactica looks, a Star Wars series might be awesome. Lucas sure has the money to produce it!

Steve
StukeSowle
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 599 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2005 - 08:54 PM UTC
Have faith my friends, this movie will be our "Empire Strikes Back" of this trio.

The two average movies have just been setting up the table for this, the main course.

And I can only be encouraged by the PG-13 rating it has gotten for "scenes of intese violence".

There will be no Ewoks in this one gang......
4-Eyes71
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 424 Posts
KitMaker Network: 376 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 07:17 PM UTC
Finally, the circle will be complete. I just hope there will be more Star Wars stories beyond this saga whether in movies or TV.
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,161 Posts
KitMaker Network: 533 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 01:22 PM UTC
Word has it that there will be a TV series and Lucas will direct the first season. If that is true still remains to be seen, the plan I heard was for a five year series so who knows.
Angela
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 853 Posts
KitMaker Network: 275 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 06:58 PM UTC
The premier is showing worldwide now.

So, how was it? Was it good? Was anyone influenced by the Dark Side of The Force?

Angela
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 08:24 PM UTC
So did any of you spend two weeks waiting in line to see this movie? What is with these people? I don't like standng in line 5 minutes let alone camping out for two weeks. Well, now that's all we're gonna hear about for the next month or so. They ain't gonna get any of my hard earned dollars. Here in Dallas, the first showing was 1 minute after midnight and two more shows after that. Then it's gonna start back at 10am again.