TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Battlestar Galactica series
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 24, 2004 - 06:41 PM UTC
Saw where the new Battlestar Galactica is going to start in January on Sci-Fi...must be something to give us a 6 month notice....Wonder if they're going to have davits :-) ???
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 24, 2004 - 11:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

...Wonder if they're going to have davits :-) ???

Ummm - the vile, loathsome creatures are called Daggits...

And, I hope NO - I hope they ran out of Special Effects money in the budget to include that fodder in the new series...

Gunnie
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 07:30 AM UTC
Daggits....hope that ain't why they delayed start up, If I remember, original plan was for a summer start. with 6 months more to plan....(shudder-shudder) Hopefuly Sci-fi channel will exclude this rot. They are focused to the adult rather than the kiddy audience
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,161 Posts
KitMaker Network: 533 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 12:40 AM UTC
So they are going to go ahead with this new BG series eh? I was hoping they would change it but it appears they won't, I thought the mini that they put out stunk badly. The only really good thing about the show was the hot Cylon. lol

I did like the way they were trying to make it feel more 'real' and more military like but I also thought it was rather stupid in some areas. The female cigar smoking Starbuck? The original was HIGHLY campy but fun and enjoyable for kids, the new one I think they wanted to hit the adult crowd with but the young adult crowd. What's up with all the need for sex in the show? I'm NOT a prude but I tune into a military sci-fi show to see.... military sci-fi. If I want 90210, I'll watch.... 90210.

I didn't watch the whole mini-series, couldn't stomach it past the first hour or so and turned it off. The whole Cylon deal was a clever idea but poorly executed IMO. I'm not a big fan of this new buzz word of "re-imagining". All it turns out to be is a way to make rehashing old stories with a modern twist sound cool. Since fresh, new ideas are hard to come by nowadays.