_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello from the banks of the Ohio!
jpzr
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
entire network: 316 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 09, 2004 - 03:50 AM UTC
Thought I'd just toss out a greeting. Dedicated treadhead here, building exclusively WWII in 1/35 scale. I'll build just about anything that strikes my fancy from that period though. To attest: my project closest to completion is an M13/40 which is ready to be weathered, but I also have a Chi-Nu wrapped up and ready for the airbrush once I get some references in from Japan, and I have a Pershing built OoB waiting for painting as well. Then there is that super-detailed Panther A early sitting in limbo with the front compartment about fitted out. Once I get some info. on early MG stowage and if Jentz ever gets his to-end-all book on panzer interiors out, that will move up in the rotation (gotta justify the hundreds spent on AMS-inspired frenzy someday). A byproduct of this spending is that I've amassed a pretty decent collection of Panther references, so feel free to fire those Panther questions my way!
When not modeling, I'm often found sending lead down range through the venue of Combat Mission. To those similarly indoctrinated, you'll know the time hole that can be. To those unfamiliar, it's a computer wargame, errrr, make that THE computer wargame (gotta give my props to my friends at BigTime Software and Battlefront).
I live in Louisville, KY, about 45 minutes away from the Patton Museum. I get down there a few times a year, and I can occasionally pull some strings to get to the backlots (where many of the unusual items are currently stored and where a 251/9 is being restored--a real beauty!) and into the stacks (although my contact for that has moved on so that may be a challenge in the future.). So, I can be an occasional source of help if anyone has any specific needs for photos regarding vehicles in their collection.
I look forward to chatting about all things WWII armor related. Cheers!
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 09, 2004 - 04:04 AM UTC
Welcome from the north shore of the Ohio!!
I live in Marion, In, about half way between Indy and Fort Wayne. Enjoy the site. There are some extremely talented and friendly modelers here.

Shaun
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 489 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 09, 2004 - 04:06 AM UTC
Welcome aboard. Look forward to seeing your work and gleaning your knowledge!! You sure are lucky to be so close to Ft. Knox and the Patton museum. I got to go through the museum when I was in Basic/AIT. Haven't been able to get back since.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 09, 2004 - 04:06 AM UTC
Welcome jpzr to Armorama!
jpzr
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
Posted: Friday, July 09, 2004 - 05:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Welcome from the north shore of the Ohio!!
I live in Marion, In, about half way between Indy and Fort Wayne. Enjoy the site. There are some extremely talented and friendly modelers here.

Shaun

I'm familiar with Marion. Birthplace of James Blackmon (a former Indiana Mr. Basketball in the early 80's and a UK basketball player, and a friend of a friend when both were at UK, guess I kinda gave away my age and collegiate sporting allegiance, eh?). Thanks for the welcome!
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 09, 2004 - 05:38 AM UTC
James is back in town. I am not really sure what he is up to (I went to a county school, not Marion High) but his wife is a doctor practicing here.

Shaun
jpzr
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
Posted: Friday, July 09, 2004 - 05:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

James is back in town. I am not really sure what he is up to (I went to a county school, not Marion High) but his wife is a doctor practicing here.

Shaun

Married to a doctor, eh? Guess he's settled down a bit from his college days. Yep, I have some stories to tell.
Arthur
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,454 Posts
KitMaker Network: 489 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 09, 2004 - 07:34 AM UTC
Hello Steve,welcome to the club,we might even woo you towards the cream of Armorama,,,,,figures he,he,enjoy the view there is a lot of talented modellers here,all the best.
Arthur
animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 09, 2004 - 08:05 AM UTC
Hello and Welcome to Armorama Steve, Glad to see you here.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 09, 2004 - 09:44 AM UTC
Greetings from the shore of the Passic River.....
Welcome to Armorama, I'm sure you'll enjoy youself here.
HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 06:52 PM UTC
Hi Steve

Welcome to Armorama! I would love to see that M13/40 when you have it completed. Please post some pictures. Enjoy the site.

HastyP
 _GOTOTOP