TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Just Saw Fahrenheit 911
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 1,864 Posts
KitMaker Network: 606 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 08:03 PM UTC
I am not going to say anything, I would rather someone else say something first. It was informative, and very interesting.

~chip
GSPatton
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,411 Posts
KitMaker Network: 785 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 07:17 AM UTC

I greater pack of lies and half-truths have never been compiled in a piece of film.

What Leni Riefenstahl was to Nazi Germany, Michael Moore is to The Democrat National Committee.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 07:31 AM UTC
Hmmm.... interesting. I thought I saw this thread earlier on here but when I tried to go to it it wouldn't load. I thought the thread had been blocked or something.

I haven't seen the film but I find it interesting that there seems to be nobody with a middle ground on it. Many people have Frank's take on it, that it's a pack of lies, while others find it award worthy and a shoe in for the Oscar. I will say this, I don't think Moore should call it a documentary. At least not the way I use that word. Mockumentary is more like it. There seems to be little doubt it's not unbiased in any way. Weather there is any truth in it I don't know.

One thing is for sure, it's a wealth of material for comedians and political cartoonists.
http://cagle.slate.msn.com/news/MichaelMoore/main.asp
SonOfAVet
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 547 Posts
KitMaker Network: 268 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 08:13 AM UTC
GSPatton,

What lies are you refering to?
I haven't seen the movie yet but plan on it...guess I would just like a lil more depth that comparing Moore to a Nazi.

Sean
GSPatton
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,411 Posts
KitMaker Network: 785 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 09:55 AM UTC
I am comparing not Nazis but propagandists. Leni Riefenstahl was a progagandist that brought us "Triumph of the Will" and more. Moore brings us this film.

Lies - The decision to move members of the BinLaden family out of American following 9/11 came from Richard Clark not President Bush. Clark is the same guy who wrote a book and testified in front of the 9/11 commission on Bush's failures. Yet, forgot this in his writings.

Congressmen are ambushed by Moore in front of the Capital and are asked if they would send their sons and daughters to fight n Iraq. Most ignore him one said no, because his children were too young. Moore edited out that part.

The BinLaden family is one of the largest contractors in the Middle East. Very little construction goes on there without a tie to this family. Moore makes it sound like Bush and BinLaden are in bed with one another.

I could go on and on. Like Moore's distortion of the truth in Bowling for Columbine, Fahrenheit 9/11 give us not a documentary of the period before, during and after the attack - but Moore's version on how he thinks it should be. Also, Moore's use of the voice-over to "tell" the audience what the President is thinking breaks all of the tenants of a documentary. If Moore wanted to know what was going through the President's mind, why wasn't the President interviewed?

No sir - this is definitely not a documentary, it is not a "mocumentary" it is out and out propaganda designed with the sole purpose not to educate, but to defeat the President. this is a goal Moore has expressed on many, many occasions.

And I take umbridge that so many of the uninformed see this piece of tripe as truth.
Spades
Visit this Community
entire network: 776 Posts
KitMaker Network: 190 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 10:17 AM UTC
I saw the movie or whatever you wish to call it. In the end, everyone is allowed to express thier point of view, albeit correct, incorrect its that person way of thinking. I saw propaganda in the movie, but I dont think it was all propaganda throughout the movie. I went in wanting to see what all the hoopla was about, I did not stand, cheer and clap once the movie was over. But thier were truths in the movie as well. And some information that was misleading. I have no problem with "ambushing" congressman about having thier children go to combat. If they are willing to send everyone else's children in harms way, then thier off-spring must go as well. Freedom is not for the select few, its for all of us.
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 1,864 Posts
KitMaker Network: 606 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 11:57 AM UTC
I couldn't believe that woman was fighing with that deceased soldiers mom in D.C. Are there really people out there that don't care whether or not someones son or daughter perishs in combat?

That was a saddening part. Although the movie was interesting and informative, it wasn't as good as Bowling for Columbine. I thought that movie was a bit more interesting.
SonOfAVet
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 547 Posts
KitMaker Network: 268 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 12:02 PM UTC
Dont forget the propaganda that we all live under in America everyday--that which comes directly from the government.

I am GLAD that there are still people in this country that voice their opinions and try to change things--thats what we are all about, be it reed, white, black, republican, democrats, or other.

I'll be doing my part in November to bring down the president as well-- voting.

I'm not defending Moore on his latest picture. I would take a stand for "Bowling" which was an excellent piece. LIke it or not though, there are some truths in "F 9/11".

Tiger101
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 902 Posts
KitMaker Network: 121 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 12:42 PM UTC
Here Here GSPATTON .... Well said .... Nuff said
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 04:28 PM UTC
Haven't seen it, don't plan to. Initially thought this was the movie that came out in the 60's....silly me. Don't plan to vote for Bush, but am angered by this propaganda. I am VMI.....we do not lie, cheat, or steal....NOR TOLERATE THOSE WHO DO. Half truths are like half lies..ya'll can take it from there.
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,065 Posts
KitMaker Network: 497 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 05:56 PM UTC
No matter what your political views, Moore's just a self-promoting fascist. Yes, a fascist. Please look up the meaning of the word to understand what I am saying.

The stuff about Afghanistan and the pipeline is total and utter nonsense.

I feel bad for the brain dead masses that need to go to the movies to decide who they should vote for.

Sad commentary of the times in which we live...

Steve
DRAGONSLAIN
Visit this Community
Distrito Federal, Mexico
entire network: 779 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 07:17 PM UTC
he just figured out that if you say shocking lies people will listen to him, believe him and even support him, just take a look at Bush.......lol :-) I deffinetly think that he is not winning the elections after this, so who is voting for him.