TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Am I a wuss?
vandelay
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 22 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2004 - 03:16 PM UTC
Did anyone else cry while watching "Band of Brothers," or am I just a wuss? I am serious, so please don't make fun.
BroAbrams
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,546 Posts
KitMaker Network: 494 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2004 - 03:24 PM UTC
I think there were some very poignant scenes in BoB. The scene where David Schwimmers character came back was one. Just kidding, I hated that guy, but when the one leutenant got shot by his own guys, and the one where the officer runs full tilt for the dike, crosses it, and sees the german soldier, who is just a boy, sit up and kinda grin, then shoots him, those were very powerful. And the end where you find out they don't have to go to Japan, I was very excited then. Bastogne was bad, very bad.

Rob
shootER5
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 64 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2004 - 04:53 PM UTC
I didn't get that emotional over BoB, as good as it was.

However, I did get quite--ahem--misty while watching the documentary with the real-life guys from Easy Company, We Stand Alone Together.

I've interviewed numerous WWII vets and have been thankful that the camera's viewfinder hid my watery eyes. I have the utmost respect for those gentlemen.
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2004 - 09:34 PM UTC
I thought it was a bit sad towrds the end when you find out what happened to them all afterwards and that many had died but most seemed to have used the war as a postive thing to make ago of thier lives and many seemed to be very successful at what they choose to do...but yes your a wuss :-)8 :-)8 :-)8 :-)8
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2004 - 10:00 AM UTC
There is the concept of "manly tears." This is when guys, who would NEVER cry when hurt, or when they get married, lose a loved one, or anything like that, can shed a few tears. Normally it's over their favorite sports teams winning a championship but I don't think a few tears over a well made historical movie are out of line.

Of course if I DID ever cry over something like this "wuss" is the very least I could expect my wife and daughters to lable me with.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2004 - 10:07 AM UTC
Well - I might have called you a wuss - if - I'd ever seen an episode of Band of Brothers...

Gunnie
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 06:15 AM UTC
I watched he last episode the other night with my son,the part where the german general addresses his men and the easy co guys were listening I thought that was very touching because he was addressing all soldiers who had faught and of course the end when you find out what happened to them all, the bit that choked me up was when Lt winters said about his grandson "was you a hero in the war" you could see him well up " no but I faught in a company of heroes" but me and my son didnt cry we drank beer and ate raw meat and went out the back garden without the light on. :-)
firemann816
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 790 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 09:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

However, I did get quite--ahem--misty while watching the documentary with the real-life guys from Easy Company, We Stand Alone Together.

Almost lost it during that show as well -
When the Lt. said that he told his grandson he served with a company of heroes that never came home.

End of Private Ryan was tough, as was Armeggedon & end of Appolo13
Wifey lost it at Titanic, I was watching my watch...
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 2,058 Posts
KitMaker Network: 787 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 02:56 PM UTC
I have only cried during one movie...a war movie of epic proportions!!! Yes gentlemen, it was the graduation ceremony in "STRIPES" when they all said "That's the fact, Jack!"
Azarius
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 100 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 06:43 PM UTC

The liberation of the Jewish concentration camp... It brought home a story that my grandfather told me (He served with the RAF) who stumbled upon one of these camps... Very, very, very sad.
SOW1
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 289 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 12:22 AM UTC
Now I'm sure my opinion doesn't count as I am a female, but I don't mind if a man cries at touching movies... Antwone Fisher is one that recently touched Stugiiif to tears... as well as myself. but hey, I'm a daffy lady who cries at the drop of a hat these days.. I even cried a little at Catch Me if You Can. what a tearful lady I am these days...
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 03:31 PM UTC
B O B didn't bother me to much, but the pieces in We were Soldiers where the wife went around to tell families of the death of loved ones tore me apart. I had to live through that in the 60's being an Army brat. Also in Black Hawk down when the 2 Delta force guys went in knowing they would be killed. Being ex military I understand this way of thinking and can relate to it. Just saw the Alamo...being Texan...well 'nuff said
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,065 Posts
KitMaker Network: 497 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 03:26 PM UTC
I don't cry in movies, only real life. There is enough sad stuff in the world that a movie doesn't do it for me.

Unless it's a really bad movie and I spent money to see it. Then I'll bawl like a baby.

Steve
pipesmoker
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 649 Posts
KitMaker Network: 261 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 07, 2004 - 01:06 AM UTC
Well, I don't know about the rest of you guys, but the beginning of "Saving Private Ryan" always gets to me.......
tazz
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,462 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 24, 2004 - 08:46 AM UTC
well my gut did get the upset feeling after seeing some of the guys get killed,
bob is a power full moive it showed how close the guys really where,
and i felt like i was part of easy company just wacthing it
turrettoad13
Visit this Community
Mississippi, United States
entire network: 607 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 31, 2004 - 12:35 PM UTC
I have to admit , just the opening theme to BOB hits me just right some times . Both Band of brothers and Saving Private Ryan have parts that get to me . Both films have guys in each that remind me of some of the troopers that I've served with over the years , and I like that in a film .