TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Passion of the Christ
4-Eyes71
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 424 Posts
KitMaker Network: 376 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 09, 2004 - 12:42 PM UTC
This may seem touchy to some still, I can't help but ask:

What's your take on Mel Gibson's movie "The Passion of the Christ?"

For me, after I watched it, it made me want to go to Church afterward and do some serious reflecting.

I can vouch that this movie does not in any way, seek to antagonize certain people.
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 7,772 Posts
KitMaker Network: 802 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 01:59 PM UTC
Hi 4-Eyes71,

My take: it is as it was. Thank God for John 3:16.

Jesus knew what would happen to Him, and willingly allowed it for the payment of our sins.

I think this movie is by a believer, for believers. It gives us a better understanding of what He did for us all.

I don't think it will make many people accept Christ as their lord and savior. But I hope it inspires those of us who have do so, to make Him the center of our lives, in appreciation.

Regards,

Fred
4-Eyes71
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 11:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi 4-Eyes71,

My take: it is as it was. Thank God for John 3:16.

Jesus knew what would happen to Him, and willingly allowed it for the payment of our sins.

I think this movie is by a believer, for believers. It gives us a better understanding of what He did for us all.

Yeah. After watching it, it made me ask myself, "what have I done for HIM lately?"

Quoted Text

I don't think it will make many people accept Christ as their lord and savior. But I hope it inspires those of us who have do so, to make Him the center of our lives, in appreciation.
Regards,
Fred

I agree. It's no guarantee. But it's just one way (for Mel Gibson) to send his message across.

Most people who watched the movie were moved to tears after watching those brutal scenes. I was almost moved to tears myself. I think this tells you something about this latest movie made about Christ.
firemann816
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 790 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2004 - 02:53 AM UTC
It could have only been made by a beleiver
sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,315 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2004 - 11:26 PM UTC
Hi, My wife went and saw it and was affected by all the blood and suffering Jesus was supposed to have suffered for mankind. But then she's very much a Christian too.

Gibbson is great on the blood and gore in just about all his movies through.

Being what most people call a pagan, I can't say I would be affected by it one way or the other, as it was just a movie. Wasn't worh my time to see, as the older I've grown the less interested I seem to be in the electonic media, as far as the radio, movies and TV are concerned. Can't stand to sit that long in one place anymore to watch a movie on any subject. Must be an 'age' thing.

Besides we all know how 'accurate' Hollywood is anyway, on any subject matter. It's not so much on what's true or not true on the subject matter at hand, but what the director what's their audience to see and emotionally feel, and what 'message' they want to put across, so the public at large will spend their money to go and see it on the big screen, and buy later on DVD and vidio tape.

Gibbson most definitely has himself a winner here though. And he is a great actor and director too.

Take care, Sgirty
SOW1
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 289 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 01:13 AM UTC
I have yet to see this movie, but I will say this, Mel Gibson is a wonderful Director, and being that he is the son of Catholic Missionaries (born in New York, not Australia) and almost went into the preisthood himself it is no wonder to me that he made this movie.
4-Eyes71
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 12:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I have yet to see this movie, but I will say this, Mel Gibson is a wonderful Director, and being that he is the son of Catholic Missionaries (born in New York, not Australia) and almost went into the preisthood himself it is no wonder to me that he made this movie.

Not only that, he put in a lot of time to research. He even consulted Bible experts and even the Vatican to ensure he's got it right.
Longshanks
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 191 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 08:44 PM UTC
Just a thought, but why should it take a movie for us to think about what he did for us............We should do that each day................?

Just a thought, I haven't seen the movie as yet, may do if I get the time...........
4-Eyes71
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, April 23, 2004 - 12:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Just a thought, but why should it take a movie for us to think about what he did for us............We should do that each day................?

Just a thought, I haven't seen the movie as yet, may do if I get the time...........

IMHO: This movie may just be yet another movie about Christ. But Gibson's movie might be considered exceptional considering he has captured the real essence of the passion and suffering of Jesus. He really intends to touch hearts or maybe a nerve.
earwig61
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 188 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 16, 2004 - 03:56 AM UTC
[quote]This may seem touchy to some still, I can't help but ask:
I guess most of what I want to say is, we don't have to/appear to apologize for bringing up a movie that intends to honor Jesus Christ. Finally, the greatest record ever told, with all of the same great effects of any other "block buster". What an excellent movie! Thank you for asking. Hope you ask anytime, anywhere. And I hope I can take my own advice.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 16, 2004 - 04:42 AM UTC
Tom,
Thanks. Keep in mind you are free to just edit your prior posts to fix any typos or what-not.

Jim
DRAGONSLAIN
Visit this Community
Distrito Federal, Mexico
entire network: 779 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 19, 2004 - 12:29 PM UTC
What I liked about this movie is that it was nothing like the rest of the movies about christ, its like if he had never seen any of the movies or descriptions. He just put on the screen the image he had on his mind without thinking about what the public may say.

I kind of liked the way Lucifer looked like, I almost expected him to be red and have a tail :-) but he didn't do it that way. I also liked it to be in its original language, its just one way to make it accurate.

I wasn't moved by the theme of the movie, I was moved by the exellent effort of Gibson.