_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hi All
DD-393
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 97 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 28, 2004 - 02:43 AM UTC
Hi All:

I'm fairly new here. I found the site one day, took a cruise around, registered, came back, got a feel for it, and now I'm posting every now and again.

I'm a history buff and an insatiable reader about WWII and the Civil War. My father was a WWII veteran, 13th Armored Division. His outfit was in the 3rd Army in early 1945, then were redeployed back to the US to train for the invasion of Japan. An uncle was on USS Hancock, CV-19 in 1944-45. I hope Trumpeter comes out with that long-hulled Essex so I can build it in his memory.

My main interest is the late War of the Rebellion in the US. I'm a living historian with a Racine, Wisconsin based outfit, The Belle City Rifles, Co. F of the 2nd Wisconsin Volunteer Infantry. Web site is under construction and will add the link to my signature when complete.

I build a model kit every now and again. My main interest are the P-47s of the 56th Fighter Group. Can't think of a reason I've developed an interest in P-47s unless maybe we're shaped in a similar manner.

Anyhow, that's mostly me.

Best regards:
Charlie
animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 28, 2004 - 04:40 AM UTC
Welcome to Armorama Charlie. WE are glad to see you here. We have a lot of history buffs here that I know will love to chat with you. I bet the figures guys will be interested in some historical facts about the uniforms and equipment of that period.
steve203
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 579 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 28, 2004 - 06:34 AM UTC
Welcome to the site.
War_Machine
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 702 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 28, 2004 - 07:55 AM UTC
Hello and welcome! Glad to have you aboard. You've come to the right place for courteous chats about history and the hobby. I'm also interested in your reenactment group. Since it's the 2nd Wisconsin, do go will the full uniform of the Iron Brigade, i.e. Hardee hats and white leggings? I'd be very interested to see any pics you might have of your group.
Enjoy the site!
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
entire network: 3,098 Posts
KitMaker Network: 899 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 28, 2004 - 05:18 PM UTC
Welcome, glad to have you with us. This is a great site. If you ever have any questions or need anything don't hesitate to ask. Enjoy yourself here at Armorama.

Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
entire network: 6,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,013 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 28, 2004 - 05:49 PM UTC
welcome to Armorama Charlie..glad you joined us
greetz from Turkey
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 28, 2004 - 07:18 PM UTC
Nice to see you here. All kinds of model guys are in this elite !!! Enjoy your stay
DD-393
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 97 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2004 - 02:05 PM UTC

Quoted Text

. Since it's the 2nd Wisconsin, do go will the full uniform of the Iron Brigade, i.e. Hardee hats and white leggings? I'd be very interested to see any pics you might have of your group.
Enjoy the site!

We do an 1862 impression, specifically the Antietam time frame. After Gainesville, 2nd Bull Run and South Mountain, The Belle City Boys were down to twelve men commanded by Corporal John Yates. They came out of the Cornfield with five.

For the 1862 we wear dark blue trowsers, with the frock coats and Hardee hats. You know, we've read several accounts where they guys dumped the leggings as soon as they could, so we only have a couple of our men wear them.

For a photo, if you'd like, I could drop an email to you direct. Our website is in the informational gathering stage, so once that's all assembled we'll have it up.

In two weeks we're off to Gettysburg for our fatigue duty in the Park's Adopt-A-Position program. We've adopted the area of Culp's Hill where the 2nd Wisconsin was posted after the July 1st fighting.

-Charlie
HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 03, 2004 - 01:02 AM UTC
DD-393

Welcome friend. This is the best modeling site around. Hope you jump right into the action.

HastyP
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 04:26 AM UTC
Welcome to the site! Enjoy the postings!
 _GOTOTOP