TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Godzilla is getting ready to retire
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 3,172 Posts
KitMaker Network: 612 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 11:17 AM UTC
This past friday I heard on the news on this one morning radio station I listen to is that Toho studios is getting ready to retire Godzilla There will be one more movie called Godzilla Wars which will be out in Japan later this year
Godzilla first came out in 1954 and has made 28 movies I know I am gonna be buying all the DVD versions of my favorite Godzilla movies before they stop selling them I just wish they would have made a Godzilla vs Gammera movie I think Godzilla would have beaten that flying turtle #:-)
War_Machine
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 702 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 02:26 PM UTC
I saw that story on CNN's website last week. According to the story, the decision isn't set in stone. If this movie makes a lot of money, which is becoming a big if these days, they'll keep making them. Right now, the studio has seen a decline in profits for each of the latest Godzilla films domestically, thus their decision. They'll probably keep making DVD's of the older ones because there's still a big market for them due to sentimentality and anal retentive completists.
As for Gamera vs. Godzilla, the winner would depend on which studio made the film. Much like there were two different endings for King Kong vs Godzilla (one for Japan, one for the US), there would need to be different endings so that each studio's monster could win and keep the people in charge happy.
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 08, 2004 - 01:31 AM UTC
Maybe he'll come out of retirement and fight George Foreman...
#:-)
Shaun
greatbrit
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 2,127 Posts
KitMaker Network: 677 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 08, 2004 - 01:40 AM UTC
or maybe mike tyson could bite his ear off! #:-)

cheers

joe
HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 08, 2004 - 11:40 AM UTC
My vote is for Mothra!! He needs a rematch.
tazz
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,462 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 08, 2004 - 01:05 PM UTC
the Godzilla moives are so great,
its cool seeing all the model tanks and trucks shooting at him.
i wonder if the models are tamiya lol
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 3,172 Posts
KitMaker Network: 612 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 04:49 AM UTC
Tazz,I wouldn't be suprised if some of those tank models were Tamiya When a lot of those kits first came out they had small motors in them I know at one time Tamiya had a motorized M4A3E8 Sherman and a Type 61? Japanese tank that looked similar to the M47 Patton One of my favorite scenes was in Godzilla 1985 It was a black and white cartoon called Godzilla vs Bambi
It showed Bambi there in a peacful forest eating for a few minutes then Godzilla stomped on him I thought that scene ws hilarious #:-)