_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello from a complete newbie!
jackofalltanks
Visit this Community
Harju, Estonia
entire network: 1 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 12:45 AM UTC
Well, hello from Estonia!
I am new do, be easy on me I have never made a model before, and I just recently got an Italeri 1:35 Stug IV. Does anybody have any really newbie tips, such as which glue to use (PVA?) what tools I will need etc.
Invincible
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 148 Posts
KitMaker Network: 25 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 01:46 AM UTC
Welcome to armorama and to modeling! For your glue I'd recommend tamiya extra thin or Revell contacta. I'd also recommend you get something to remove parts from the sprues (nail clippers will do fine) and a regular nail file to remove the last bits of sprue still attached to the part. If the tracks are the 'rubber band' type, I'd suggest you get an office stapler to join the ends. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask- we'd all love to help!
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 2,713 Posts
KitMaker Network: 159 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 02:49 AM UTC
Welcome to Armorama Jaak. Well, we all start somewhere, there may be disappointments along the way but just keep at it and you'll get the hang of it. To your tools list, I'd add a hobby knife (i.e. Exacto No 11 or similar), also tweezers. Yes I believe the Italeri kit comes with one-piece 'rubber band' tracks so the stapler will be handy as glue won't do. Post pics, ask questions, am quite sure you'll get people will chime in to help you. Cheers, Tat
ChurchSTSV
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 350 Posts
KitMaker Network: 88 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 04:43 AM UTC
Actually answered some of my questions in this thread. Gracias.
 _GOTOTOP