_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello.
braindamage
Visit this Community
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
entire network: 31 Posts
KitMaker Network: 10 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 07:21 PM UTC
Hi all.
My name is Dale. I am a member of the LSP forum. This is only the second forum I have joined.

My reason for becoming a modeler is as a form of medical recovery. I have several disabilities. Most worrying is that my hands are numb. I have found modeling is helping me overcome this disability. I've been in a long battle with cancer dating from January 2014, and have lived in hospitals for approximately 18 months. 200+ chemo treatments and 19 months on a 24/7 infusion of a mind altering experimental drug.

My brain has suffered damage, hence my name here, and I am hoping to recover somewhat using modeling. So far it seems to be helping.

I have been working on 1/32 scale aircraft but wish to learn other techniques.

I have searched and found a Tamiya T34 that is only about $30.00. I gather it is basic and that is perfect for me.

I come to this as a newbie, willing to learn. I may ask questions as I go and hope not to be a bother.

I'd like to thank you for having me. I look forward to meeting new people. I am mainly stuck at home, aside from visits to hospital.

I wish to expand into another area. I am unsure why, but possibly due to brain damage I have spent the past year focusing on building and painting cockpits. I've yet to complete a single model. Although I am working hard to complete a Ki-44 Shoki now. I am happy to report my cockpits look decent.

My hope is that by expanding and learning new techniques I can then break from this loop I find myself in.

I do hope I am not a pain or annoying in any way.

Nice to meet you.
Yours. Dale
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 06:44 AM UTC
Dale, welcome aboard!

This is a very friendly and supportive community with members who are very willing to offer help and lots of builds you can follow to see techniques in process. I hope to see some of you work soon and hope it helps with a speedy recovery.
braindamage
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 06:59 AM UTC
Thanks mate. I intend to look around. The fine gentleman, Bill Cross, led me here.

Later on you know where to lay the blame.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 12:35 PM UTC
Welcome to the network and I hope you feel comfortable here. If you need any help let us know.
braindamage
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 03:35 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Welcome to the network and I hope you feel comfortable here. If you need any help let us know.

Thank you very much.
Namabiiru
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 2,888 Posts
KitMaker Network: 489 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 05:26 PM UTC
Welcome, Dale!

braindamage
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 06:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Welcome, Dale!

Thank you. Hello.
CReading
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,726 Posts
KitMaker Network: 558 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 08:50 PM UTC
Hello Dale and welcome
Sorry to hear about your health issues but I think you are correct in that it is very therapeutic.
I encourage you to be actively involved in the site. I have learned tremendous amounts of information about the hobby, techniques from this site. I have also made many good friends from all over the world.
Cheers,
C.
braindamage
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 03:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello Dale and welcome
Sorry to hear about your health issues but I think you are correct in that it is very therapeutic.
I encourage you to be actively involved in the site. I have learned tremendous amounts of information about the hobby, techniques from this site. I have also made many good friends from all over the world.
Cheers,
C.

Thank you very much.

I've been looking at various armour builds and the weathering blows me away.

People are so skillful.

The health issue is what it is. It's just normal life to me now. For some reason I often feel I need to explain myself because my brain is not always 100% and I can appear stupid. I'm just a little self conscious about it. I'm not the person I once was.

Thanks so much again.
 _GOTOTOP