_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Not leaving yet...
StukaFanatik
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 8 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 03:51 PM UTC
Thanks everyone for the help offerings and support. Especially Dave Clark, Frederick Boucher, Tom Cromwell, Rick Cooper,Stevin Willoughby, and Brian. Those who weren't mentioned, perhaps you were helping in your own way. But I'm not completely brain dead and I'm fully aware of what the administrators do. And I'm sure they started this site for their own entertainment as well. And nobody needs to speak of me in the "third person" as if I'm non-existent. One or two comments basically sounded like a polite way of saying "Don't let the door hit you on the way out". Anyway I made a very simple, yet idiotic mistake. I forgot to reduce the pic size on paint program on the computer before I uploaded. I thought for sure I did that already, cause they posted fine on Facebook and I always do it as soon as they upload off of my memory card to avoid stuff like this. Ship Happens! KitMaker Gallery is a real confusing program at times though. When I first started, it took me over an hour just to get my profile pic in the right place. And yesterday I tried making an album to sort out my pics, and it wouldn't let me use any of the existing pics on here. Nor can I delete any to keep upon space. But thanks to the rest of you for being supportive. Much appreciated! I'll give it another go.

PS- I guess there's no deleting photos? If so, anybody know where I can find that?
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 1,288 Posts
KitMaker Network: 337 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 04:26 PM UTC
Glad to see you stay here Jason, although building aircraft

I have to agree that the gallery is not the most friendly part of the site... guess there is a technical reason to be that way. Anyway, whenever I need to upload a photo I like to use www.tinypic.com, it's really easy and free.
StukaFanatik
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 8 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 04:36 PM UTC
Thanks Carlos. I'm familiar with TinyPic and Photobucket etc. Do you upload them on there, then send the link here? Or-also, I have a Flickr page which would be better for me. Cause I was trying to get them to show up here (KitMaker). I assume they're the same. I'm so new to this and modelling. That's why you better leave me alone about the aircraft, they're easy for now!
Namabiiru
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 2,888 Posts
KitMaker Network: 489 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 05:05 PM UTC
Jason,
Yes, the Kitmaker Gallery is not the most intuitive, and the tutorial information is similarly challenging to find sometimes, but once you've gotten accustomed to it I don't think it's so bad. Hope you'll be with us for awhile.

Anyway, in answer to your question, to delete a photo click the EDIT icon(looks like a computer screen with a pencil in front of it) below the photo in your gallery. On the photo edit page check the DELETE box (paying careful attention to the admonishment that once it's gone it's gone), and then click SUBMIT CHANGES.

One thing to keep in mind about deleting photos--and this is true regardless of whether you keep your photos in the Kitmaker Gallery or some other site: if you have linked to that photo in a forum post, should you move or delete the photo, it will forever be a broken link in your post and will no longer display properly. That is one reason why I like to use the kitmaker gallery: I don't lose my forum posts if a third party closes up shop or otherwise changes their system.

Hope this helps!

barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,981 Posts
KitMaker Network: 574 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 05:21 PM UTC
Hi Jason,

Glad you decided to stay! (One of the joys of public forums is the speed at which you develop a thick skin - after all these years I have Rhino hide...) There are some great folk here, and a wealth of knowledge that makes it worth any grief from trolls.

Regarding Photobucket, I use it a lot. Just upload your photos to a folder (I use one for each project), then copy the code in the HTML box for each pic (on the right) and paste it into a message here.

photo PB_code_zpsiqse8nwr.jpg

My only gripe with PB is that recently they added all kinds of Face-book style garbage that makes it clunky to run on my machine. Pity, as it used to be a great and simple photo-store.

There was a recent thread here asking about deleting photos from your Kitmaker gallery. It ain't easy, but it can be done. Bear in mind anything you delete or move to a new folder breaks the link to any forum thread where you may have posted it - giving the dreaded "red X" where the image used to appear. (This is an issue with old threads, where the poster has since removed or reorganised their pics.)

Hope this helps!
ahandykindaguy
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 1,295 Posts
KitMaker Network: 93 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 14, 2016 - 02:14 AM UTC
You're welcome Jason... and we're collectively glad you are staying around. It is the best site in my opinion. And since the perfect site always eludes the poor guy that joins right after I have, it does come with some "issues", and some less than socially adept and user friendly chaps... but fear not, you get used to it all, and learn to filter... or ignore. I've enjoyed being a part of the community for years now. And boy, have I gleaned some awesome tips and tricks from some of th best there are in cyberspace. Catch you again soon, posting away, I hope.
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 6,188 Posts
KitMaker Network: 193 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 07:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

When I first started, it took me over an hour just to get my profile pic in the right place.

It was a HUGE learning curve for me 11 years ago... learning what's needed. But it happened.

Now if I could only recapture that enthusiasm of building like I once had. Any suggestions for that?

Jeff
ahandykindaguy
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 1,295 Posts
KitMaker Network: 93 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 10:12 PM UTC
[quote]
Quoted Text

When I first started, it took me over an hour just to get my profile pic in the right place.

It was a HUGE learning curve for me 11 years ago... learning what's needed. But it happened.

Now if I could only recapture that enthusiasm of building like I once had. Any suggestions for that?

Baby steps...one foot forward, then the next...soon you're cranking out the kits

Advise I must keep reminding myself as well Jeff! Spent 40 minutes with a brush in hand last night again, painting, more like washing, trees in the courtyard. I think it would have been easier before I drilled and glued hem down...doh!
 _GOTOTOP