_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Greetings! First build in 15-20 years!
PlasticFA
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 4 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2016 - 05:15 AM UTC
Greetings!

Last time I built a model - the internet was not invented - or at least I did not really have access to it

I've had a Russian T-62A sitting in my closest forever so I wanted to get back into model building as I use to do it all the time as a kid. I particularly like Russian armor of all eras.

Had a fun time with this build and primarily got tips gleaned off the internet.

I've had an airbrush for quite some time so I used that for painting.

Enamels, Acrylics, Pigments - were a mix of Vallejo, AK and Tamiya.

+'s - First time using an airbrush on a plastic kit, did an ok job layering the paints. Wash, rust and chipping turned out well. Mud effects look cool. Broke one of the turret handles, so I heated it up on the stove, bend it, and made it look like it was bent and scratching the turret.

-'s - Used mud to cover up some exposed fit lines. Need to learn to use putty properly for gap filling - gun barrel specifically, used some putty but over sanded it down. Washes, need more control as there are some spots where it does not blend as well as I like.

I'd give myself an 80 on this build. I learned a lot for my next model!

Look forward to sharing more builds with everyone as well as getting tips from everyone here!

Cheers!

GazzaS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 4,648 Posts
KitMaker Network: 189 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2016 - 05:56 AM UTC
Andy,
Welcome to the forums! There's a lot of guys like you and me who quit building years ago and recently started again. So you're not the only one re-learning thw hobby.

Your T-62 looks great! I look forward to seeing more of your builds in the future.

Best Wishes,

Gaz
SgtRam
Staff MemberContributing Writer
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 3,971 Posts
KitMaker Network: 568 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2016 - 06:46 AM UTC
Welcome back to the hobby, and great looking return.
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 8,156 Posts
KitMaker Network: 593 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2016 - 06:56 AM UTC
G'day Andy.

Welcome to the Kitmaker family, and welcome back to the hobby!

Nice job on the T-62, it looks great. I'm sure you will find answers to all of your questions here, and no end of advice.

Cheers, D
 _GOTOTOP